Major UK wildfires

Soldi

Πάμε put your hands up
Pronouns
He/him
This is fine, just the small issue of the ground setting itself on fire and burning down an entire street :)

Last edited:
It’s weird, do things usually combust when it’s 30+ degrees? It’s not like it’s suddenly 50

It looks like that fire has destroyed several homes

20220719_153121.jpg

That's awful.

39 here too I got to head back out for Dannii's swimming lesson now.

Sky News have a live feed again. There are more houses on fire in a separate location down the road.

@Moderator maybe split the topics about the fires into a new topic in the news forum. There looks like many major fires now.

Obviously already mentioned in the daily topic, but multiple wildfires have now destroyed several buildings including homes in the Dartford area.

For international Moopers this is VERY RARE in the UK

Are they wildfires if they happen in a city?
They all appear to have started in grasslands or woodlands. They are in Greater London, which may surprise you to learn borders countryside and contains several areas of open land.

I did wonder about the term, but I think if you consider a definition of wild as meaning 'uncontrolled' it seems fair enough to stretch the meaning, regardless of where it started.

It’s not just London on fire :kim:

MAJOR INCIDENT now declared in SOUTH YORKSHIRE

So many destroyed homes! It's quite alarming for us normally wet Brits.

The images from above around the Thames Estuary show smoke rising for miles. It's really quite shocking.

The Daily M@il comment section take is “FFFS FIRES HAPPEN EVERY DAT THIS IS NOT NEWS”

Last edited:
Is this the new front line of our culture wars, the extent to which we are (or are not) on fire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom