Mary Weiss DEAD

'Out in the Streets' is a masterpiece.

It's all about the exquisite CAMP MISERY of Past, Present & Future for me. :disco:

There were moments when...
Well...
There were moments when...

I was reading about them last night and I had no idea they were so influential. Not only pioneers of the girl group scene, but cited influences include Blondie, The Beatles, The Go-Gos, Sonic Youth, Amy Winehouse and Lana Del Rey.

Fascinating also to understand what was considered ‘edgy’ at the time, as they’re all about 16 years old at their peak, but apparently they did not adhere to the traditional pop look and branding of the early 60s. And the subject matter was quite racy for its day.

RIP

I was reading about them last night and I had no idea they were so influential. Not only pioneers of the girl group scene, but cited influences include Blondie, The Beatles, The Go-Gos, Sonic Youth, Amy Winehouse and Lana Del Rey.

Fascinating also to understand what was considered ‘edgy’ at the time, as they’re all about 16 years old at their peak, but apparently they did not adhere to the traditional pop look and branding of the early 60s. And the subject matter was quite racy for its day.

RIP

Oh yes, Blondie were really influenced by them. They released their own version of 'Out in the Streets' (twice). The influence is particularly obvious on the first album I think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom