Megan Thee Stallion & Dua Lipa - new collab out March 11th

I like how she’s skipped her Like a Prayer-COADF and is going straight to her Hard Candy era. :disco:
Let’s hope it’s more of a surprise Bedtime Stories era

Ok, so, she might have done something

(unlike me, who doesn't know how to embed an audio from freaking IG)

• Love
Reactions: RJN

Sounds like a HIT. Not the most original and it doesn't do anything new, but its catchy. US number one seems likely to me?

the song is nothingy and dull and disjointed, but at least it's not actively bad - unlike the video, which is truly hideous. hideous CGI and editing, absolute nonsense set-ups that bear no relevance to the song whatsoever. Dave Myers should be embarrassed.

I agree. The video is very bizarre. But the song is decent. I suspect it will be a grower I think.

Last edited:
its not bad on first listen, thats a big ole video by todays standards though

CGI works when it's done right but this is terrible. I can't believe they wasted an opportunity it CAMP IT UP in the video but then again, this is more aimed at straights I guess.

Hmm this is OK, but not what I want from Dua. I guess the writing was on the wall for this new direction following the Da Baby and Pop Smoke collaborations last year, but coupled with the split from her management, I fear the third album will not be one for the gays. A shame if that transpires as she's been one of the few pop stars that brings good pop music to the charts these days.

I like this :D

But it's nothing groundbreaking, and is probably a bit too SUBDUED/prudish to have the shelf life of Dua's last few hits.

It's predicted to debut top ten on the Hot 100 anyway:

if this snags a top 10 debut on the Hot 100 it'll surely sink like a stone. it's already down to 10 on Spotify, and we all know Charli's new album will be claiming spots 1-12 by tomorrow. I wish you an ounce of good luck in the face of such chart candy, Mega Lipa!

So what happened with this? Was it as much of a disaster as the DISCOURSE suggests? And if so why? I quite liked it :D

Also does it officially 'sample'/ credit 'Movin' Too Fast' or is it one of those Ed Sheeran-type things?:eyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom