Monday becomes insufferable

big ron

Chief Super Moderator
Pronouns
He/him
Didnt drink yesterday so was up and grafting at 7:30 and now I’m waiting for people to send me stuff once they are in the office.

Might post about my early start on linkedin. Follow me for more fascinating business insights.

I cannot cope with this fucking weather for much longer :evil:

Not really 🤔 it's super windy and cloudy over here. I mean it's not raining so that's a bonus...is it nice your side?

It's a bit windy but nothing else. Half sun/ half cloud. It's not raining and isn't supposed to- I'm looking across the water now and it doesn't seem too bad. The sea looks fairly flat...

It's a bit windy but nothing else. Half sun/ half cloud. It's not raining and isn't supposed to- I'm looking across the water now and it doesn't seem too bad. The sea looks fairly flat...
I think it's the wind making it sound bad. The sea looks brown and choppy near me.

I thought of you last night, Rachey. We had a series of about 5 or 6 power outages, with a symphony of house alarms accompanying each one.

I thought of you last night, Rachey. We had a series of about 5 or 6 power outages, with a symphony of house alarms accompanying each one.
Oh I found a house on the island that has an alarm! In Cowes. I'm now actively looking for them.

Every time I use the Moopy link, Amazon spend the next 2 weeks trying to sell me more Abba CDs.

I started watching One Day because everyone is raving about it on Tiktok and social media.

3 episodes in and I'm too bored to continue. Maybe I'm missing something 🤔

I started watching One Day because everyone is raving about it on Tiktok and social media.

3 episodes in and I'm too bored to continue. Maybe I'm missing something 🤔

Try watching Manifest instead. Gets rave revues but I fucking hated it and didn't make the end of the first series.

Try watching Manifest instead. Gets rave revues but I fucking hated it and didn't make the end of the first series.
Oh I've seen this advertised actually and did think it looked good.

I have a colleague who makes notes about absolutely everything. Important things that involve her. Important things that may not impact or involve her. Sounds fine, right? Well it goes beyond this. I talk about how my weekend went and she’s writing in her notebook? Absolutely. Everything.

Am I being judgmental or is this incredibly weird? I’m really close to saying “I’d rather not share my personal thoughts if you’re writing them down”.

I have a colleague who makes notes about absolutely everything. Important things that involve her. Important things that may not impact or involve her. Sounds fine, right? Well it goes beyond this. I talk about how my weekend went and she’s writing in her notebook? Absolutely. Everything.

Am I being judgmental or is this incredibly weird? I’m really close to saying “I’d rather not share my personal thoughts if you’re writing them down”.
is she neurodiverse?

is she neurodiverse?
She hasn’t disclosed it and I don’t see any obvious or subtle signs. I am myself and I’m quite open about it and usually other people are too if you offer a level of self-disclosure and show commitment to creating safety.

She is older however, so maybe her memory isn’t as sharp and so she feels she has to write everything down. I’m fine when we’re having professional / work led conversations but it makes me uncomfortable when I share personal things and she’s writing down. Don’t get me wrong I don’t go TOO personal (they’re colleagues, after all) but still.

I’m not smashing my colleagues in the face at 9am on a Monday with “I douched last night, really needed it.”

BUT YOU KNOW

She hasn’t disclosed it and I don’t see any obvious or subtle signs. I am myself and I’m quite open about it and usually other people are too if you offer a level of self-disclosure and show commitment to creating safety.

She is older however, so maybe her memory isn’t as sharp and so she feels she has to write everything down. I’m fine when we’re having professional / work led conversations but it makes me uncomfortable when I share personal things and she’s writing down. Don’t get me wrong I don’t go TOO personal (they’re colleagues, after all) but still.

She's a secret agent compiling a case about you.

Just been out. Sunny but still kinda chilly. Got the last Saint Etienne album as a CD/DVD combo for £7. Nice.

Just been out. Sunny but still kinda chilly. Got the last Saint Etienne album as a CD/DVD combo for £7. Nice.

Oh the film is a treat. I watched it again only a couple of weeks back. Summery, evocative of my youth, just far better looking generally :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom