Moopy Fit Club 2022

Rowan Tree 🌳

maybe this time i'll win :)
Hi everyone.

How is everyone doing and feeling?

I've either weight trained or cycled every day this past week, and yet I'm explicitly heavier than I was last week. 12 stone 10 this morning which seems mental given that in mid 2020 I was about 10 stone 10.

I don't feel like I'm as big as the scales say, yet haven't worked out enough recently for significant muscle growth either.

Pro is that this is the best run of fitness activity I've had in a while and I'm enjoying it. Spin class is great and the long nights mean cycling after school on my road bike will be easier.

Reactions: RJN
I'm feeling... ok about my fitness right now. I usually run 5 or 6 days a week, but I had a stress fracture in early January, so I had to take 5 weeks off. I'm cleared to run again, but I have to go back into it slowly.

During the time off, I started using a Peloton, which I've liked so much more than I thought I would. But still much less than running. I think I'm going to stick with it twice a week (even when I can run fully normally again), so I run less and am less likely to injure myself again. I've also been trying to do a quick bodyweight routine (pushups and crunches and stuff) most days since 2022 started, and I've been pretty good with it. I weight about the same as before (maybe a few pounds up) but I think I'm looking more toned?

The thing is that I've been eating and drinking like shit for the last few months, and I want to pull it together a bit. I don't necessarily think it's having an impact on how I look, but it makes me feel physically worse.
I've either weight trained or cycled every day this past week, and yet I'm explicitly heavier than I was last week.
If its a new workout routine, you probably have some additional water weight.

My running's getting better. My Parkrun on Saturday was my best time in both 2022 and 2021, and I'm pretty steadily doing 5k in under 30 mins, so I'm happy with that as I've been on a steady slump for about four years now (on account of my age I'm sure).

Then I got drunk, had a chinese and having the leftovers today.

I did lose weight last year, to the point people visibly commented on it, which was nice! Still need to get some sort of PLAN together for it to be sustainable though. Other than walking pretty much EVERYWHERE at the minute, I’m not doing any exercise, and don’t plan on re-joining the gym until the back end of the summer when it’ll actually be worth the money, so 🤷‍♂️

Ideally I’d like to be in shape for my holidays in May.

Hi everyone.

How is everyone doing and feeling?

mad men g GIF

My running's getting better. My Parkrun on Saturday was my best time in both 2022 and 2021, and I'm pretty steadily doing 5k in under 30 mins, so I'm happy with that as I've been on a steady slump for about four years now (on account of my age I'm sure).

Then I got drunk, had a chinese and having the leftovers today.
It’s called balance and it’s a good thing imo

Re-reading my post, I want to clarify that I didn’t buy a peloton, I’m just using one at my gym. They’re like a million dollars

Apart from a few days off here and there due to illness/comedowns I've been going to the gym every day I'm in the office. So 3-4 days a week. Combined with moving more at the weekends, whether walking with the family or biking. I really got lazy and fat thanks to Covid, I just never got back into it after the first lockdown and come this chrismtas I was fucking obese.

I caught sight of myself in a window earlier and looked loads slimmer. Nothing like a 'hey' moment to keep you motivated. I'll be happier in a month when I'm a bit more toned but no complaints.

Also, obvious statement incoming, but not drinking really gets the pounds off. We'd slipped into such a bad habit of drinking all weekend out of boredom and that must have had such a impact. I know we drank most days in December, and I'm glad I've broke that routine.

Hi y'all.

Went from zero till two 15km hikes today and yesterday. Thighs feels a little shredded now but nowhere near as bad as this time last year which is nice. 🥾

And I was treated to some insanely good weather and views, so that's a definite bonus :disco:
20220322_164926.jpg

Has anyone had luck with the 16:8 intermittent fasting? I’ve generally been eating healthier and back to exercising 4-5x per week. I lost 6 pounds pretty much immediately but have stalled the past week or so. I’d like to be back at my 180 lb frame (at 189 now) so figured I’d try something new. My main issue is that I usually don’t get back from the gym and therefore don’t eat until 9-10pm during the week. Going to make the effort to do the 16:8 method 12pm to 8pm. I already don’t eat breakfast so…
Have some down time at the moment, so gonna give this a try.

I've been eating a lot of shit recently and although I lost a lot of weight last summer and have only put about half back on, I'd like to get back down. I'm still a bit injured so exercise is gonna be a tough ask and a few people I know have had short term success with this, so WHY NOT?

I've been going splendidly from early April until Mid-June - now covid has literally flattened me and it feels like I haven't moved in 10 days.

I've spent the last month stress eating and not exercising. Hoping 30 day walk helps me get back into gear.

I did the 16:8 for a while last year. It was fine if I didn’t have to be up early as I didn’t start eating until midday, but then not consuming any alcohol in the evening became a struggle. I barely noticed any difference tbh!

We regret to inform you that the summer body project has been pushed back once more to Q2 2023/24.

I very rarely eat before 12 these days. When I’ve been going to the gym in the morning on a regular basis I sometimes have a protein shake or grapefruit or something around 10-11 but its basically a habit to just not eat as soon as I wake now. Its great.

I very rarely eat before 12 these days. When I’ve been going to the gym in the morning on a regular basis I sometimes have a protein shake or grapefruit or something around 10-11 but its basically a habit to just not eat as soon as I wake now. Its great.
What time do you have your last meal of the day?

I will eat around 6-7 and maybe have a snack about 8-8:30. Deffos not super strict about it anymore because weed, and I do it more for the health benefits than calorie control.

An added bonus is now thats habit and I’ve got into morning gym, I’m doing all my workouts fasted too.

I’ve been smashing the kettlebells, 250 swings every other day for the past couple of weeks and its deffos working.

Can anyone recommend an app for documenting your workouts?

I was using "my pt hub classic" but I stopped using the PT I was with and they've logged me out of it (it's not their app and I do get why they would do it, but would have expected some warning - "luckily" we only ever did the same 3 workouts everytime so I have wrote them all down now going forward).

I've what feels like quite stiff knee joints and a sore right wrist at times so for the last 2 weeks I've not worked out to try and heal them, but as they don't feel that much better I've decided just to start back again and make sure my form is good with lower weights etc.

Can anyone recommend an app for documenting your workouts?

I was using "my pt hub classic" but I stopped using the PT I was with and they've logged me out of it (it's not their app and I do get why they would do it, but would have expected some warning - "luckily" we only ever did the same 3 workouts everytime so I have wrote them all down now going forward).

I've what feels like quite stiff knee joints and a sore right wrist at times so for the last 2 weeks I've not worked out to try and heal them, but as they don't feel that much better I've decided just to start back again and make sure my form is good with lower weights etc.

Strong is great and super easy. You can set timers for rest between sets, save workouts, repeat them etc. Good notification system, too. You don't end up fiddling with your phone too much, I have to say.

Brilliant. Yes, I missed the timer function (writing out my sets and then using the stop watch did kill time, but was a bit irksome).

Just done my first HIIT session in about a year
683B0EAE-3C1D-403F-BB76-AF22ACD0F3AD.jpeg

Does anyone swim? @Sheena maybe? I think I’m gonna try to get into it

Yep!

I swim outdoor and all year round. I haven’t pool swum in a long time but am thinking I might try and get back into it to keep up my distance during the winter- you can’t realistically do long distances in the winter when it’s freezing cold and you’re only in your speedos!

Swimming outdoors seems ideal but I think I'd have to find an indoor pool realistically... I just swam for like 10 minutes in a lake and felt really good

Has it improved your fitness in general?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom