Moopyvision 2000-2009: Round 8 - Greece, Finland, Israel & Azerbaijan RESULTS

1st: Aysel & Arash - Always (228pts)
maxresdefault.jpg

Is there anything worse than when the songwriting talent doesn't realise they need to get off the stage? Well, maybe cot death. But nonetheless, pairing Azerbaijan's most fragrant hottie with your mate's balding dad who runs the local corner shop was very much a decision that satisfied nobody bar @Madison in 2009 (and probably a select few perverts into that sort of thing - I'M WATCHING YOU @ButterTart)

However, when it comes to the Eurovision Song Contest, you really can't keep a good banger well staged down, and heaven knows with this much Scandi songwriting sprinkled liberally throughout, this ended up as an absolute kerbstomping of a duel for the Azeri crown - to say nothing of the bronze medal this garnered in Moscow Globen on the big night. The Moopy denizens actually turned this into the most overwhelming win of any round when you all voted back in the dim and distant mists of early February, just about edging out the 204 point win Visionary Dream got for Georgia in the round before. Still, in a contest of rock vs souk-flavoured Scandipop, I don't imagine that came as much surprise to anyone. Through to the semifinals go the bride and the father of the bride, arseshaking routine and all!

19 x 12 (Literally everyone who wasn't @Eyes)
1 x 0 (@Eyes)

My younger brother messaged me that night to say that ‘Azerbaijan were fit’ and I knew then and there they would win

:disco:

A landslide. I have doubtless said this many times before, but 'Always' is one of my favourite Eurovision entries of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom