Moopyvision 2010-2019 Round 7: Belarus, Finland & The Netherlands

2nd: Anouk - Birds (167pts)

Anouk-Live.jpg

The SAVOUR of Dutch Eurovision. :disco:

LOVE the gumption/arrogance of this woman clearly sitting at home with a bottle of wine, watching tragic old Joan crashing out and deciding she was just going to have to take matters into her own hands.

She followed through, too. This was SUCH a step up from anything the Dutch had done since the 90s, and the subtle Lana Del Rey vibes were bang on trend for 2013. If anything, 9th felt ever so slightly underwhelming, but I'm sure nobody at home was complaining.

Anouk remains a big local star and an entertaining loudmouth. I love that she fully threw Trijntje under the bus after dressgate. Tonight is the first I've heard of the shagging Douwe Bob rumour, but naturally I 100% endorse it.

I dream of a similar saviour emerging for the UK someday. Never going to happen though.

6 x 12 (Pingu, Dark Carnival, Raining on Me, Wurst, Ill Advised, Suomi)
1 x 1 (Jacques)

1st: Common Linnets - Calm After The Storm (197pts)

commonlinnets_2908140b.jpg

Well, obviously.

Building on Anouk's course-correction and then some, this was such a right song / right time moment for The Netherlands. In the buildup, many (myself included) wondered whether something this low-key would even qualify.

In the grand scheme of things it's correct that this didn't win over Conchita. But coming second probably served them a bit better anyway. They got the bigger chart hit and were Radio 2 favourites over here for a few years after their victory. Obviously all this is down to lovely Ilse and not that coatail-riding cunt.

I haven't really followed their/her career in recent years, but the two albums they released after their Eurovision appearance are both well worth a spin. (As is Anouk's post-Birds album actually...)

8 x 12 (Buttertart, Jacques, Ag, Penelope, Win the Game, dmlaw, Alla, David_5000)
1 x 5 (Dark Carnival)

Did you trip over something whilst he was bending down?
No, it was this cute jew guy in London, he asked me to play with his ass, so as I was fingerfucking him, suddenly his ass literally swallowed my whole hand. Obviously he was into that, but I didn't see it coming and it was quite weird.

No, it was this cute jew guy in London, he asked me to play with his ass, so as I was fingerfucking him, suddenly his ass literally swallowed my whole hand. Obviously he was into that, but I didn't see it coming and it was quite weird.
WTF!!! :agog:

Hoorah for Common Linnets and many thanks to VoR for enlivening another dull Sunday evening.

Anouk already kind of offered in 2009 but they decided to go with De Toppers instead.

Ilse and Waylon have hated each other since about 1 week after the contest. She introduced AVROTROS to Duncan so in a way she already beat Waylon. She was so happy after Duncan won.

Arcade is the most generic winner of the last decade. Totally undeserving. It should have been Soldi in retrospect.

Really? Worse than Running Scared? From the moment I heard it I knew it was a potential winner, although I agree Soldi would have been a great winner as well. I only prefer Euphoria to those two.

I'd have been happy with any of that top 3 to be fair, all of which were a huge step above the rest in the line - the winner, the runner-up and the Dutch savior, all have their merits but there's something about Birds which is just so STIRRING and natural it got my 12.

Anyway thank you again @VoR , please don't actually die before this is done :(

Arcade is probably the most conventional win of the decade (although "Heroes" might argue with that), but calling it generic does it a massive disservice

Wasn’t around for the live results as I was out at a Lucie Jones concert and meet & greet, but YAY at my 12 being the winner for each country this week.

Is Douwe still popular in The Netherlands?

I'd say as popular as he was before he entered. He never really had the hits and he won't have them now as long as he keeps on singing in English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom