Name ONE language you would really like to speak!

I met a French guy that spoke Esperanto, he was actually going to a conference where he was in charge or something, can't remember, it was over 20 years ago. Even when the intention was good, I always felt this was totally useless, was it ever a thing anywhere? I wonder if anyone cares anymore about it, it looks a thing from the past.

I'm feeling inspired to do my yearly:
1. Download Duolingo
2. Be really into it for 3 days
3. Feel guilty about not doing it for a week
4. Forget about it for a year

:D

Duo has become a bag of shite since the last update. Save yourself the bother.

I was obsessed with Kent for a while and would love to understand Swedish so I can understand more of what the songs are about .. btw this is still a brilliant album .. although they are all great

What do you mean "WAS" :disco: :disco: :disco:

I know it's got "Berlin" and "Ingenting" but I actually prefer Röd, En Plats I Solen, Vapen Och Ammunition as albums. But they're all fucking excellent and contributed at least 50% to me being fluent enough in Swedish. The other 50% are thanks to Melodifestivalen.

Anyways, currently brushing up my French and Portuguese.

Last edited:
What do you mean "WAS" :disco: :disco: :disco:

I know it's got "Berlin" and "Ingenting" but I actually prefer Röd, En Plats I Solen, Vapen Och Ammunition as albums. But they're all fucking excellent and contributed at least 50% to me being fluent enough in Swedish. The other 50% are thanks for Melodifestivalen.

Anyways, currently brushing up my French and Portuguese.
Yes they are all brilliant, and for a while I was listening to nothing else. Röd is incredible, also En plats in solen. Loved the last (final) one too. I wish I could speak Swedish, because just reading the words in english translation is not the same

I met a French guy that spoke Esperanto, he was actually going to a conference where he was in charge or something, can't remember, it was over 20 years ago. Even when the intention was good, I always felt this was totally useless, was it ever a thing anywhere? I wonder if anyone cares anymore about it, it looks a thing from the past.

If it wasnt for Red Dwarf I doubt I’d have ever heard of it. According to wikipedia there are are 1000 native Esperanto speakers?!

NEWV2Blog-Tree-Homescreen--2-.png

Terrible.

Gaelic - I think we're ready for The Comeback
German - I like the men and the sound of it
Italian - I like the sound of it and the men

I would have to say something really obscure and annoying like Romansch. It would be useful for communicating with the fat Swiss queens in furs eating cake or whatever the Zu-K aphorism was.

I love the idea of going somewhere foreign, not telling anyone that I speak the language and then shocking everyone by speaking fluently to random people. I must've been watching too many of those "white guy AMAZES the Chinese by speaking perfect Mandarin" videos.
It was @lolly and FAT VIENNESE QUEENS IN FURS EATING CAKE so NO DICE ON ROMANSCH

I started re-learning Polish earlier this year.

I have oddly spoken way more Russian since the beginning of the war. So many Russians left Russia and came to Paris that my bf's social circle grew by about 3x and almost every dinner or coffee we have is now with a Russian-speaker. So my Russian improved significantly after years of decline. We speak it so much that I feel I barely speak French (my job has now become almost exclusively English-speaking). For the first time in perhaps ten years I feel that Russian comes as easily - if not more - than French.

(also it's lacking but generally if you put a full quote in like FAT QUEENS IN FURS EATING CAKE it gives up the goods)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom