NEO - 'Human Frontier' [MF 2010]

I'm back in space when he was climbing down the stairs

• Total voters

Zu

User
Oh my God I love this one so much that it never fails to make my internal organs almost EXPLODE WITH EXCITEMENT. The flashes of mangled English! The sickening wink! The knowing sluts on pretend keyboards! The falsetto! The routine which I really should get round to learning one of these days to impress my friends and relatives! The utterly ridiculous cane! Poor dear sad old boss-eyed NEO who just can't stop himself thinking and chatting about astronauts! The FUCKING KEY CHANGE! :disco::disco::disco:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this calls for an impromptu and somewhat less than comprehensively researched Never Got Any Further Than Andra Chansen Top 5

1. NEO / 'Human Frontier' - UNEQUIVOCALLY :disco:
2. Loreen / 'Statements' - Oh LO :(
3. Loreen / 'My Heart Is Refusing Me' - Oh LO :evil:
4. Ola / 'Love In Stereo' - Well not the LIVE version :side-eye:
5. Jenny Silver / 'Something In Your Eyes' - Oh that SULTRY TROTTING

While we're here - and because my YouTube searches have led me in that direction - what a fucking shame it was that BWO never got to Eurovision :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Fucking load of old shit. A third rate Mika at best - as if the original wasn't bad enough.

• Angry
Reactions: Zu
ANDRA CHANSEN TOP FIFTEEN

01 / Lili och Susie - Show Me Heaven - one to RAISE THE ARMS FAGGILY TO IF THERE EVER WAS ONE :disco:
02 / Martin Rolinski - In and Out of Love - SHIMMERING 80s HEAVEN
03 / Caracola - Smiling In Love - arguably the GREATEST SONG EVER COMPOSED
04 / Loreen - My Heart Is Refusing Me - a double of perfect desolation
05 / Loreen - Statements
06 / Dolly Style - Rollercoaster - COMPLETELY THRILLING NONSENSE
07 / Roger Pontare - Silverland - ooh YEAH
08 / Jenny Silver - Something In Your Eyes - dreadfully produced cheap tat but WHO CARES
09 / Timoteij - Stormande hav - a step down from the glories of Kom but still good for a SAREK MEGAMIX
10 / Dolly Style - Hello Hi - BRING BACK THE PURPLE ONE
11 / Nanne - Jag måste kyssa dig - objectively terrible but fun for campy wig dress up and making up awful KISS KISS routines in the bedroom mirror
12 / Love Generation - Dance Alone - god love these rancid sluts and their Nicole Scherzinger B-sides :disco:
13 / De vet du - Road Trip - SUCH FUN!
14 / Kristin Amparo - I See You - Suomi got it bang on when he identified that if this had been presented as the little ballad that could rather than JESUS CHRIST VOX SUPERSTAR COMING TO SAVE US ALL (before turning out to have the vox of Jesus post-crucifixion) then this could've gone all the way - excuse me while I take a moment to envisage this as performed by Lisa Scott-Lee
15 / Christer & Lotta - Don't Let Me Down - utterly foul in every conceivable way but frankly you must be as dead inside as Lotta's FACIAL NERVES if you can somehow resist a shimmy to this

I need a REST AFTER THAT

Last edited:
08 / Jenny Silver - Something In Your Eyes - dreadfully produced cheap tat but WHO CARES

12 / Love Generation - Dance Alone - god love these rancid sluts

15 / Christer & Lotta - Don't Let Me Down - utterly foul in every conceivable way

:disco::D:disco:

I think we might have to have a BEST OF AC FLOPS thread at some point (if we've not already had one) although I'm somewhat hyperbole'd out after last night's eurofrenzy so maybe pencil it in for July :side-eye:

Don’t Let Me Down is fabulous. :disco:

The Loveboat theme reimagined for the noughties. Performed by what look like two sexually frustrated middle-aged divorcees.

The fact they were shafting each other on the side decades ago makes it all the sweeter.

ANDRA CHANSEN TOP FIFTEEN

01 / Lili och Susie - Show Me Heaven - one to RAISE THE ARMS FAGGILY TO IF THERE EVER WAS ONE :disco:
02 / Martin Rolinski - In and Out of Love - SHIMMERING 80s HEAVEN
03 / Caracola - Smiling In Love - arguably the GREATEST SONG EVER COMPOSED
04 / Loreen - My Heart Is Refusing Me - a double of perfect desolation
05 / Loreen - Statements
06 / Dolly Style - Rollercoaster - COMPLETELY THRILLING NONSENSE
07 / Roger Pontare - Silverland - ooh YEAH
09 / Timoteij - Stormande hav - a step down from the glories of Kom but still good for a SAREK MEGAMIX
10 / Dolly Style - Hello Hi - BRING BACK THE PURPLE ONE
11 / Nanne - Jag måste kyssa dig - objectively terrible but fun for campy wig dress up and making up awful KISS KISS routines in the bedroom mirror
12 / Love Generation - Dance Alone - god love these rancid sluts and their Nicole Scherzinger B-sides :disco:
13 / De vet du - Road Trip - SUCH FUN!
14 / Kristin Amparo - I See You - Suomi got it bang on when he identified that if this had been presented as the little ballad that could rather than JESUS CHRIST VOX SUPERSTAR COMING TO SAVE US ALL (before turning out to have the vox of Jesus post-crucifixion) then this could've gone all the way - excuse me while I take a moment to envisage this as performed by Lisa Scott-Lee
15 / Christer & Lotta - Don't Let Me Down - utterly foul in every conceivable way but frankly you must be as dead inside as Lotta's FACIAL NERVES if you can somehow resist a shimmy to this

I need a REST AFTER THAT
OMG I'd forgotten this

POST-2017 ANNEXE

2018:
01 / Sigrid Bernson - WITH ALL MY LOVIN TONIIIIIIIIIIGHT (Patrick Swayze) - a voxastrophe of truly CATACYLSMIC PROPORTIONS and such fun to greet @Suomi with in public in front of Swedes without emotions / MARYLEBONE PASSERS-BY
02 / Olivia Eliasson - Never Learn - CHARLOTTE PERRELLI I LOVE YOUR WORK
2019:
01 / Rebecka Karlson - Who I Am - loved this USELESS COW with her terrible sob story about being from a small town and her adult braces and her THRILLING CRASHING DRUMS

:disco::D:disco:

I think we might have to have a BEST OF AC FLOPS thread at some point (if we've not already had one) although I'm somewhat hyperbole'd out after last night's eurofrenzy so maybe pencil it in for July :side-eye:
Oh go on LET'S ADD IN EVERYTHING THAT DIDN'T MAKE IT THROUGH THE HEATS TOO :disco:

• Love
Reactions: Zu
The routine which I really should get round to learning one of these days to impress my friends and relatives!
Which, more than four years later, I've still not done :(

Of course this remains BETTER THAN CAROLA AND LOREEN and certainly better than anything by Linda Bengtzing if not necessarily Anne-Lie Rydé and I'll fight anyone who disagrees :disco:

I miss late 00s / early 10s national finals so much. It was such a high/low point of quality the type of which we'll never see again.

OMG I'd forgotten this

POST-2017 ANNEXE

2018:
01 / Sigrid Bernson - WITH ALL MY LOVIN TONIIIIIIIIIIGHT (Patrick Swayze) - a voxastrophe of truly CATACYLSMIC PROPORTIONS and such fun to greet @Suomi with in public in front of Swedes without emotions / MARYLEBONE PASSERS-BY
02 / Olivia Eliasson - Never Learn - CHARLOTTE PERRELLI I LOVE YOUR WORK
2019:
01 / Rebecka Karlson - Who I Am - loved this USELESS COW with her terrible sob story about being from a small town and her adult braces and her THRILLING CRASHING DRUMS
01 / Drängarna - Piga och dräng - the sound of Linda Bengtzing STORMING THE BARRICADES :disco:
02 / Ellen Benediktson och Simon Peyron - Surface - yes I know it's SHIT
NOTHING :disco:

On some podcast I heard that Neo had been lined up for an entry in a following year that eventually went to someone else. The song made sense to me as a Neo song at the time, and I can't remember at all now what it was - can anyone help?

On some podcast I heard that Neo had been lined up for an entry in a following year that eventually went to someone else. The song made sense to me as a Neo song at the time, and I can't remember at all now what it was - can anyone help?
Surely The Moniker - Oh My God?

NEO Melfest Rejects

"25 Hours a Day" took 3rd in MPG Denmark 2011

"We Own the Universe" was entered into MPG Denmark 2013

NEO declined to feature in "I'm Alive" for MF, I've heard rumours it would've been selected had he agreed

Vid features Annelia as "Flower Power Supergirl"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: D5K
Thanks! I'd just come here to post I remembered it was 'We Are The Universe'... hadn't realised the others too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom