Nicki Minaj RETIRES to become anti-vax

AS IF indeed :D

Someone tell her that grubby hag Tove Lo has offered to retire instead so she doesn’t need to :disco:

Then AGAIN, clearly I cared enough to post.

More for the POTW chart then.

And as Ms. Aretha said, Um..... I'm gonna have to pass on THAT one!

How OLD is Nicki anyway? I think it's difficult to place her age based on her face.

RIP Nicki's career [2011 - 2012]

Because let's face it, she might have appeared on 54(!) Top 75 hits in the UK since 2010, but most people would struggle to name ANYTHING that isn't 'Super Bass', 'Pound The Alarm' or 'Starships'. I'll throw 'Beauty and a Beat' in there as well, just BECAUSE.

Because let's face it, she might have appeared on 54(!) Top 75 hits in the UK since 2010, but most people would struggle to name ANYTHING that isn't 'Super Bass', 'Pound The Alarm' or 'Starships'. I'll throw 'Beauty and a Beat' in there as well, just BECAUSE.
And Anaconda. For all the wrong reasons.

I did consider ‘Anaconda’ but surely most people know of it because of the AWFUL cover.

Couldn’t hum it.

You know, in many respects she really was the harbinger of doom of this decade in that when the phrase "featuring Nicki Minaj" appeared, you just knew you were in for one of the worst pop songs ever written, and/or your fav's career was about to die.

Madonna, Britney, Mariah, Katy, Christina, Avril, Ciara, Nick Jonas (solo), etc. all pretty much collapsed while, or immediately after working with her. Ariana safe (for now) if dead as a pop act.

But love & light to her for ending Jessie J and Robin Thicke.

for those of us who dare to venture outside the Generic Pop 100 lists she actually did churn out some good ones

I never understood why she hobbled down that Starships route... *shudder* all the feuding was embarrassing as well. RIP

You know, in many respects she really was the harbinger of doom of this decade in that when the phrase "featuring Nicki Minaj" appeared, you just knew you were in for one of the worst pop songs ever written, and/or your fav's career was about to die.

:D Mind you she was probably the best thing about GAYLUV, not that it’s particularly easy to identify the best thing about something so enduringly scarring and horrifying

I actually only know TWO of those :side-eye:

She's back already apparently. Keeping it real for the FANZZZ with her sex offender husband!

for those of us who dare to venture outside the Generic Pop 100 lists she actually did churn out some good ones

I never understood why she hobbled down that Starships route... *shudder* all the feuding was embarrassing as well. RIP
Because they were fun. Are allowed to enjoy music in that way?

Like she needed to announce it. People were done with her years ago.

Funny how for 10 years she basically had no competition. And the minute female rap starts to return, she retires.

The second album really was some CHEAP SHIT. Sure I bopped to Whip It and Pound the Alarm but I also lost a part of me while doing it.

The second album really was some CHEAP SHIT. Sure I bopped to Whip It and Pound the Alarm but I also lost a part of me while doing it.

omg throw in Masquerade, Va Va Voom Voom and Beautiful Killer and this was literally ME during 2012. what a time to be alive (and gay).

in fact I'm gonna whip out Whip It:side-eye:, the true definition of a banger. I'm sure she must hate it nowadays. Boring old bitch, as if Hot Girl Summer is any better.

Va Va Voom and Masquerade were SOPHISTICATED bops though (so of course they were just bonus tracks). The RedOne stuff was almost competing with the Cheeky Girls.

At least Starshits gave us this SNL skit:

Side to Side says hi.

The RedOne stuff was almost competing with the Cheeky Girls.

Oh such QUATSCH! They’re quite obviously her CAREER HIGHLIGHTS! And speaking of the Cheeky Girls, ALLTEGETHERNAH

If you’ve been a really good boy / I will be your SPECIAL DISH :disco::disco::disco:

I mean Nietzsche couldn’t EVEN!

I discounted songs where her addition is completely NON-ESSENTIAL and didn't contribute in any way to the song's success. See also: 'Swish Swish'.
I'm no fan but I'd dispute that. Her rap in Side to Side is part & parcel of the song and cannot be dissociated from it or its success.

She's had some bangers, but I actually wish this was true, take M.I.A with you. They should have both retired after serving the KWEEN on superbowl classique GMAYL. :disco: Peasants!
:D :D :D
Another day another Halli POST SLAY

I discounted songs where her addition is completely NON-ESSENTIAL and didn't contribute in any way to the song's success. See also: 'Swish Swish'.
As Suedey said she's essential to Side to Side and significantly MORESO to Swish Swish which is one of her best guest features and totally overshadows the rest of the song. So this was a choice opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom