Will U?

• Total voters

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him

I for one am PERCHED

Last edited by a moderator:
Not day 1 for me as I just don't have the time for games these days because they're all so fucking LONG and because I'm really OLD. But as a lifetime Nintendo LOON, I will definitely be there in the end. It looks FAB.

I will, but I'm fairly disappointed that Nintendo have gone down the re-master route for so many of the early titles (Splatoon, Mario Kart).

I know the Wii U had Wind Waker and Twilight Princess re-masters, but GENERALLY Nintendo are not about that, so it's a shame to see them relying on that to carry the launch.

It depends on who they get to endorse the product.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zND0_29t-z4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Sun/Moon is likely to be ported, I would have thought. They didn't release a mid-generation entry for X & Y and the games are already pretty much console ready now that they've updated the character models.

Which Mario games are those then dear?

There's an unnamed and previously unseen 3D Mario platformer in the Switch release video. I am all about portable gaming these days so will definitely buy this at some point.

The problem is that it's almost certain to have no games. Mario. Zelda. Mario Kart. Mario Paint. Mario Tennis. Mario Wheelchair Tennis. Mario Paint.

Meh.

I think it depends on how much you play. I haven't bought a PS4 or god forbid an Xbox One and the Wii U has satisfied my gaming needs perfectly. It takes me a good 3-4 months these days to go through a game like Xenoblade X. I've also enjoyed many games from the eShop that I bought for peanuts for months. I appreciate other people will play more often and others may want to play more American games, but the Wii U release calendar has suited me perfectly.

Last edited:
I will eventually for ZELDA. But how soon depends on the new Mario.

I just don't care for Nintendo games, the way everything is just for them makes the options limited. It's just the same IP over and over again with an original every ten years.

Planning to pre-order and hopefully get on launch day. I think it looks fab and Nintendo have always been my favourite.

Bought a Wii U purely for Mario Kart to begin with so that's the only title needed to convince me.

You've summed up the video game industry in a nutshell, not just Nintendo.

It's true that it seems the trend is to go for remasteres but the other platforms are not as exclusive so there's a bigger chance of new IPs as well as a ton of indie games.

Oh Nintendo. Why do you abuse us like this?

The price (especially the peripherals) is ludicrous.

NO games - why wasn't a port of Mario Kart available for launch?

Mario does look incredible though. Will hold off until Christmas at least.

Considering just getting Zelda for Wii U (out same day!) because I was blown away by that trailer.

Their shares have tumbled since the announcement :D

Think I will wait!

Breath of the Wild is £40 for Wii U

£60 for Switch

£90 for the Special Edition.

The Joy-Cons are £75 with the Pro Controller £65.

I don't want to sound like Kala but I cannot process those prices!

So Zelda is not exclusive to the switch? What are they hoping to do? Revive the Wii U?

There's some interesting games among all the announcements but nothing that makes me want to shell out three hundred pounds for this. The paid subscription to play online with one free NES/SNES a month (really?!) is a massive mistake in my opinion. It's like they have learnt NOTHING from the Wii U debacle.

The Mario game looks a bit, dare I say, by the numbers. I do NOT want Mario to meet humans in the streets of New York, it feels so OFF.

I've pre-ordered mine, but am going to hold back a bit with it as I'm still completeing my Wii U collection.

I hope Mario Kart 8 Deluxe gets DLC as it is already just a dream to play. Cannot wait for Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey. Arms looks fun too - the footage from the extended Superbowl commercial showed off a less generic stage that looked very good.

It needs a slather of e3 announcements though.

@straightorbroken what did you think?

Gameseek have been teasing selling the multi coloured version at £198 again, which seems like a great deal, but the likelihood of actually getting one is probably limited

@straightorbroken what did you think?

Gameseek have been teasing selling the multi coloured version at £198 again, which seems like a great deal, but the likelihood of actually getting one is probably limited

Never went, it's about 3 hours away on the train and I was too lazy since I assumed it was closer. A few people I follow on twitter who went were enthusiastic though.

I'm thinking of cancelling my pre-order with Game because of that GameSeek tease. I've also took off my controller and accessories orders as lots of Wii U ebay items have caught my attention whilst waiting for 03/03.

The problem is that it's almost certain to have no games. Mario. Zelda. Mario Kart. Mario Paint. Mario Tennis. Mario Wheelchair Tennis. Mario Paint.

Meh.
This is it. I do like the idea of it, but I imagine it'll play out like it did with me for the Wii. Get it mid generation, play all the games I wanted in 3-4 months, sell it and never think about it again.

The first Splatoon 2 testfire is on the 24th. I'll hopefully get to catch one of the 25th sessions. Really cannot wait, the first must surely my most played game of all time.

I decided now's the time. Splatoon 2 Console pack pre-ordered on Amazon (shipping next month), will get Mario Kart and Zelda as well while I wait for Odyssey.

SWITCH UP

I'm holding out for Mario bundle.

Managed to bag a SNES Mini :disco:

Reactions: dUb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom