Normani - Motivation

Jark

User
Her proper lead single

Written by Ariana, Max Martin and Ilya. And you can tell.

I like it quite a lot - very immediate, even if it might burn out fast

I like it! She's still slightly tainted by her association with Sam Smith but I like her.

Last edited:
This is great. The video definitely elevates it further, she looks like a star (even if the half-hearted, sort of miming was occasionally slightly distracting).

This is SO SO SO SO GOOD. The internet is rooting for her, and the industry seem desperate for her to land so I really hope the general public finally buy in to her as a solo star, although I’m getting Tinashe part 2 vibes.

It’s so weird that Fifth Harmony seem LIGHT YEARS away now. I’m sure most people don’t even realise Camila or Normani came from the band.

There’s a huge gap for an artist like her since Whitney and Alexandra Burke have abdicated, I’m not sure what they can do next if this isn’t at least a modest hit.

Cute track. Imagine if would be better with the live instruments were more front and centre.

She clearly has charisma for days, and the choreo is killer.

i put this on yesterday (only realised she was in fifth harmony a couple of months ago, so i was kinda rooting for her to outdo her bland ex-bandmate) but i couldn't get through it. i don't know. i just don't care and she looks cheap and tacky as fuck.

what year is it, @normani? what year is it???

I’m not sure how’s much of this was live but she went big with the performance

god, that reveal must have been awful for both of them but it distracted me from how mediocre the song is and the taste level which doesn't even deserve the energy to be questioned.

The performance was surprisingly mediocre. She moved well, of course, but there was really nothing exciting going on at all. I'm surprised they didn't put together something more exciting. And the backing track glitches were pretty unfortunate.

she's at least INTERESTING and makes you look her way so...
hopefully she finds a much better song as a second single.

I think that’s a good debut for her.

And this remains a BOP.

I think that’s a good debut for her.

And this remains a BOP.

seconded. tho a friend pointed out to me yesterday that some bits reminded him of Beyonce's Check On It and now I cannnot unhear that :(

Oh my word it does sound like Check On It. Also a bop though.

I'm just not sure the song is really enough of a moment. It's good and might grow for a while on radio and stuff. but they should push out something bigger soon and hope it becomes more of a streaming smash.

E5GjVcoXIAc2hz8

Based on what happened to Raye this week, I think we can pretty safely assume this probably isn't her fault and she really shouldn't be trolled for it, no?

AND DOES THAT APPLY TO MOOPY LAUGHING STOCK MKS AS WELL OR NO

I don't understand any of the 5 above posts.

is @dUb angry at @VoR? who will triumph in the battle of the 3-lettered acronyms fighting about an already forgotten popstar? :o

I think VoR makes a fair point to be honest, we've seen time and time again that unless an artist is already massive they don't often have control over stuff like releases etc. There is certainly an element of online fan culture that seems to feel a level of entitlement when it comes to what artists release and how often they release it, and I imagine being on the receiving end of that sort of anger and blame from multiple people (whether it's dozens, hundreds, thousands or whatever else) would be quite horrible to experience.

Anyway I barely know who Normani is TBH, I just felt like being on the right side of history for once.

CARRY ON

i just thought it was funny they they tweeted it every year on the same day that's all

and then BOOM CANCELLED

TO BE FAIR, it does seem like an album is ready to go and about to be unleashed

how can it seem an album is about to be unleashed when she doesn't even have a single out? :D

she'll release one single, a last chance saloon remix either Doja Cat or Megan Thee Stallion, and then maybe in 18 months we'll see an album or "project"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom