Oscars 2022

(If they are married, that’s the first time they’ve said so in public. They’ve been engaged for years.)

I thought the hosting was fine. About 50/50 jokes that worked vs jokes that died, which is about standard. Schumer blurting out a weird comment about Ukraine was bizarre.

I see po-faced Twitter folks are trying to make out that Regina Hall's bit about covid testing the attractive men was some kind of reverse misogyny/tantamount to sexual assault, give it a fucking rest. :rolleyes:

Schumer blurting out a weird comment about Ukraine was bizarre.

The one about womens' rights in Ukraine? Of course, no one ever questioned other nations' women not having any rights now or ever, but even that little bit was a good thing in my opinion.

(If they are married, that’s the first time they’ve said so in public. They’ve been engaged for years.)
You can't expect that poor woman to have to change her surname to Dunst-Plemons, surely?

What's with the Amy Schumer dislike? I barely know who she is but I think I've seen the odd film of hers.

Oh neckbeards on the internet just hate her because she's a woman who does jokes.

Oh neckbeards on the internet just hate her because she's a woman who does jokes.
Ah ok. How strange. I think I quite like the films I've seen with her, I've just googled.

I thought the hosting was fine. About 50/50 jokes that worked vs jokes that died, which is about standard. Schumer blurting out a weird comment about Ukraine was bizarre.

I see po-faced Twitter folks are trying to make out that Regina Hall's bit about covid testing the attractive men was some kind of reverse misogyny/tantamount to sexual assault, give it a fucking rest. :rolleyes:
I… didn’t love that part.

I generally like it when they make fun of the movies themselves rather than the people in the room. Obviously there’s a different dynamic if Regina Hall is body frisking Jason Momoa rather than the other way around, but it was a little cheap.

I liked the jokes about Being The Ricardos and definitely giving Judi Dench career advice from Kim Kardashian to “work harder” :D

I thought the seat filler joke was terrible especially right after the Will/Chris/Jada moment. If you’re going to do crowd work then go for celebrities who will enjoy it, that moment was uncomfortable.

Also re: the Regina Hall covid joke, it was fine because the guys were playing along but I also got uncomfortable when Josh Brolin and Momoa came out and there was touching going on. They didn’t seem in on it.

I agree it was 50/50. Amy Schumer can go from funny to the exact opposite very quickly. Regina did ok but Wanda felt too outdated.

You know how they still DID air the speeches of the 8 awards presented earlier, just kind of cut for time? WTF was going on in the theatre when they were airing so many pre-recorded parts? With the show being longer too, I think it was just poorly organised and produced. I swear there are just more and longer adverts and that’s what keeps the show so fucking long.

THIS is how you do it:

I guess they gave the actors the green light to go on and on (which got us 2 great supporting speeches, 1 ok actress speech and Will Smith). Also that Kevin Costner speech went on forever.

I don’t know much about this person other than that she was good in Uncut Gems but the red carpet interviews are bizarre.

Yes @COB , I was specifically thinking of you when I posted that. :eyes:

Obviously comedy is totally subjective, but you don't have to spend long on the internet to observe that Amy Schumer receives a disproportionately passionate amount of hate from a certain type of internet comment-dweller.

I know it’s supposed to be a bad movie but I enjoy The Help

Really? I thought it was quite good.

It’s just one of those movies about a white woman being the savior of all the black women. Similar to the reaction to Green Book.

This really feels like the most relevant the Oscars have been for years. Everyone seems to be talking about it, online and in real life

I find it very interesting that all the "Go Will Smith" supporters, previously have always been "violence isn't the way forward" I'm my experience.

The few friends of mine that support him are exactly the type I expect to, very fiesty, very angry, always act on impulse.

It’s just one of those movies about a white woman being the savior of all the black women. Similar to the reaction to Green Book.
I actually like Green Book. Hidden Figures too which is far bigger in the “white saviour” moments of taking artistic licence with the truth, but doesn’t get mentioned as much just because it didn’t win BP. You still need films like that for mass audiences and they are well made and well paced. I have yet to see a viable alternative. I’d like to hear if Octavia Spencer has said anything about the criticisms they receive as she had a producer credit on Green Book too.

She's not very funny in my opinion, hopefully that doesn't make me a neckbeard :confused:
Doesn’t she get criticised for her slight KLEPTOMANIA problem when it comes to jokes.

Even the Leo/climate change quip last night had been done on Twitter twice before she pilfered it. :D:oi:

Reactions: RJN
I mean commenting on the age of Leo's girlfriends has been done quite a few times recently. It's only funny when he's there and you say it to his face to see his reaction.

She's not cheating on him, she's having sex with other men because he is a homosexual and is not interested in her sexually.

He is a Hollywood star with an ego the size of Greenland though, so obviously your wife not hiding the fact that your perfect little marriage is a SHAM is going to hurt you because you are CODDLED 24/7 and suddenly the world starts seeing the cracks.
It casts a different light upon the Six Degrees Of Separation issue of him refusing to kiss another man doesn't it? Or at least in a fucked up way it would kind of make it make sense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom