Oscars 2022

It casts a different light upon the Six Degrees Of Separation issue of him refusing to kiss another man doesn't it? Or at least in a fucked up way it would kind of make it make sense.
According to reports, it was Denzel Washington who advised him not to kiss another man on screen.

He has a habit of popping up to give him advice. :eyes:

Chris Rock is not his boss nor does the academy employ Will Smith

I do love this unhinged hypothetical take

198B6FE9-5F5E-4A4F-A642-7642622E2A3E.jpeg

That doesn't reflect my opinion BTW, much like her father, the music of Willow Smith SLAPS.

Chris Rock is a person and Will Smith is also a person. People have the right to not be attacked, and the implicit understanding that they must face consequences for attacking others.

I agree, my point was they don’t have a lot of power beyond a statement and maybe a ban (even that might be a stretch when you consider the other problematic men that the academy gave awards to).

I’m guessing it’s a PR thing so the text can be easily copied into articles without error.

I'm so bored of this story and I feel really sorry for all the other oscar winners who have barely had any recognition.

Ratings were up 56% to 15.4 million live viewers.

However, that's still the second lowest ever after last year. I think they'll just have to make peace with that though. The days of shows like this getting 40-50 million+ are surely over.

Ratings were up 56% to 15.4 million live viewers.

However, that's still the second lowest ever after last year. I think they'll just have to make peace with that though. The days of shows like this getting 40-50 million+ are surely over.
nobody watches TV live anymore and awards shows in general can do NOTHING RIGHT. up 56% is a win, it did well.

Yeah a lot is made in the tabloids of ratings for all major shows being down YoY. That's the same across the board for almost every show that's run for long periods. Making any kind of gains in 2022 is a win.

I wonder if WS actually wrote that apology himself or if he got his publicist to write it.

Either way, it screams of "shit, I fucked up, better make this apology a good one".

He definitely didn't write that himself!

They should let him keep his Oscar and expel him from the Academy instead.

As for the ratings, they're perfectly fine but they're terrible news for ABC, who paid a huge amount for the rights and now can't get the ad revenue for it. Shame!

The explosion in award shows and the coverage they get mean this is never going to be what it was. But it is still a major pinnacle in filmmaking and it should be treated as such.They should stop with all the pandering to the masses and get it back to being a DELUXE, indulgent, celebration of Hollywood for those who want it.

He definitely didn't write that himself!

They should let him keep his Oscar and expel him from the Academy instead.

As for the ratings, they're perfectly fine but they're terrible news for ABC, who paid a huge amount for the rights and now can't get the ad revenue for it. Shame!

The explosion in award shows and the coverage they get mean this is never going to be what it was. But it is still a major pinnacle in filmmaking and it should be treated as such.They should stop with all the pandering to the masses and get it back to being a DELUXE, indulgent, celebration of Hollywood for those who want it.
I think all actors should be banned from social media as well. Where's the MYSTIQUE any more when there are multiple posts on Instagram daily of them doing the most mundane things?

I think all actors should be banned from social media as well. Where's the MYSTIQUE any more when there are multiple posts on Instagram daily of them doing the most mundane things?
I'd like to extend this proposal to include ANYONE FAMOUS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom