Paloma Faith is back!

Bbc Uk GIF

Oh I am quite fond of her but she's very HIT and MISS

Radio 2's singal of the week.

She's announced a rather extensive UK tour next year too. Will be interesting to see how she does. She's the wrong side of 40 now

This just came up on Spotify, I like it but the high note in the chorus is exhausting after a while.

It feels like they have gone in for getting a big sounding song for her after Better Than This died on its arse a bit. I agree the chorus does get somewhat grating.

Has she stopped just making noises with her mouth and learned how to sing yet?

it's not a bad song but feels quite laboured or constructed to me. like they sat down to create something catchy but it wasn't quite coming off. it's also a bit... anonymous.

I saw her a few years ago, she was one of the evening headliners at a series of big evening outdoor gigs, so quite the casual fan audience and she performed album track after album track for about an hour and complained that she was only getting polite applause. Once she started playing hits the audience were very into it until she chastised us for only coming alive then so it went back to a cool reception again.

This is streaming decent numbers I see. The tour is also very extensive. I'll be interesting to see how this ALBAM does. I think she's very much at a crossroads

This is streaming decent numbers I see. The tour is also very extensive. I'll be interesting to see how this ALBAM does. I think she's very much at a crossroads
I feel like she’s set for as long as she wants to be as a live act at this stage regardless of how new albums perform.

Her stuff hasn’t really moved on has it? I used to really like Paloma but I never listen to her now, very much of an era that has faded away until it no doubt comes full circle again. But nah, not feeling the new era

Just a horrible voice, it’s a weird one because technically she absolutely can sing but it just sounds dreadful

Paloma Faith's contribution to the art of song more or less begins and ends with Only Love Can Hurt Like This. still, WHAT A SONG :disco:

she's earned the right to keep chanteusing, even if the music gets progressively worse.

Paloma Faith's contribution to the art of song more or less begins and ends with Only Love Can Hurt Like This. still, WHAT A SONG :disco:

she's earned the right to keep chanteusing, even if the music gets progressively worse.

Love that song. The first album title track is also brilliant and has held up better than that album's bigger singles. Amazing video too.

Love that song. The first album title track is also brilliant and has held up better than that album's bigger singles. Amazing video too.
Can I add the Never Tear Us Apart cover to this small Paloma LOVE-IN too? (It is only a small one mind). I always find I have a little bit of time for her, but it's been a while since anything's really struck me.

I listened to the album because she's been quite entertaining on the internet but it's not great and there's a lot of SPOKEN WORD which I'm not sure is her STRENGTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom