Peggy Gou - (It Goes Like) Nanana

Number 1 soon?

This is top 10 on Spotify too and quite good (but not as good)

this song is dominating my entire existence. what a massive GAY BANGER! her production is so fire.

already back up to 10 on Spotify (peak #8). here comes the smasha!

Oh this is a fabulous little throwback!

Who is she and why has it seemingly exploded out of nowhere though?

Oh yes I liked that!

Obviously it's deliberately calling back to bigger tracks than this, but for some reason the first song it put me in mind of was this banger from sparrow-lunged one-hit wonder MILKY*

*not to be confused with sparrow-lunged three-hit wonders MILK INC

Oh this is a fabulous little throwback!

Who is she and why has it seemingly exploded out of nowhere though?
she's one of the most in demand house and techno DJs in the world, she sells out festivals, she already has a track with 100m streams that's a modern classic* (see below), she's got a bit of STAR MYSTIQUE despite being very popular on Instagram, and she did an event in Soho the week of the single release that a lot of people went to. she rarely releases singles so a new one is an event. I guess it's all a PERFECT STORM!

plus the obvious song of the summer energy and the prospect of a KYLIE / PEGGY TOP TWO which would obviously just end lives.

it's a pre drinks classic. she played a really dark mix of it in her set at Sónar on Friday - being in a sweaty crowd losing their shit to this song I something I'd waited a LONG TIME FOR. she definitely feels like the DJ with the most popstar potential right now.

I know it came out slightly before but Starry Night remains of the THE quintessential lockdown anthems. 11/10 masterpiece

her very first uk top 10 :disco: #9 this week, currently at #5 on Spotify

This is my 18 month old Godson's favourite song to clap along to.

Clearly a queen in the making :disco:

it's been #1 for eons in Netherlands and will be replaced finally by Prada next week I think. feels like the biggest hit of summer here. :disco:

she is randomly very big here and in Italy. TASTE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom