Pick of the Pops and Rylan on Saturday

Penelope

striking, unique, 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘳
Pronouns
Any
Who ELSE has this as a standard Saturday afternoon routine?

Anyway, Rylan's back tomorrow, along with 1983 and 1995, so should be GOOD VALUE at least

We always listen to Pick Of The Pops, but usually over the course of a couple of evenings, via Sounds. Quite keen to discover who the permanent replacement for Steve Wright will be.

We always listen to Pick Of The Pops, but usually over the course of a couple of evenings, via Sounds. Quite keen to discover who the permanent replacement for Steve Wright will be.

I was only just starting to get used to him. :( Gary Davies feels like the most obvious candidate to keep going with it since he is a
one of the few former old school TOTP presenters still kicking about at the station.

Tyron also knows how much I enjoy Rylan on Saturday. The more I listen, the more it feels like one of my own has wangled a show on the most popular station in the country. I’ll never forget cycling around and almost falling off my bike when he dropped Loreen’s STATEMENTS.

more I listen, the more it feels like one of my own has wangled a show on the most popular station in the country. I’ll never forget cycling around and almost falling off my bike when he dropped Loreen’s STATEMENTS.
I've always said this. We've finally got someone on the inside.

ATTENTION AGING HOMOSEXUALS: today's scheduled double header is 1987 at 1pm and (do sit down for safety at this point if over 40) 1999 at 2pm! Obviously a potential ALL TIMER week on our hands here

Awwww. Remember 1999 when Cher was also Vanessa Amorosi?

IMG_2786.jpeg

In adjacent news, Rylan is the latest guest on Kathy Burke's Where There's A Will, There's A Wake. They appear to be friends, it's a great episode, and he talks a little about Radio 2.

Radio 2 Saturday is a staple. Sad to see Claudia go, but I felt the same about Graham Norton and Maria, and got over it. Dermot, POTP Rylan, Liza Tarbuck, and even Trevor Nelson on late night drives home :)

Radio 2 Saturday is a staple. Sad to see Claudia go, but I felt the same about Graham Norton and Maria, and got over it. Dermot, POTP Rylan, Liza Tarbuck, and even Trevor Nelson on late night drives home :)

@Penelope and I struggle with Tarbuck a bit. Mainly that the energy shift from Rylan’s show to her feels like a SHARP turn. I like her generally but the whole schtick she puts on for the show is a bit trying as well.

I was hoping they'd retain Gary Davies, he's great at it and doesn't blather over the tracks with shit dad jokes like some (RIP).

Fans of homosexuality will appreciate 1988 on the POTP the Saturday just gone, which @Tetris-Rock certified as "the gayest chart week I have possibly ever come across"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom