Post an 80s deep cut you love

I actually do not like this :D

On the other hand, Danceaway is THE TITS

Highway going ONE WAY
Or another
Let's get in the car
Brooklyn Queens EXPRESS WAY!

Oh I love it. It's STRANGE and always conjures images of King Kong in the queue for Studio 54.

Danceaway is a banger too. I actually really like the album generally and think it gets a bad rap.

There will surely be an 80s movie or 2 that would have just entered a whole other realm of cult classic status had this been featured in the OST. Surface level, perhaps generic, but 3 minutes in and it still hasn't run out of steam and delivers even more with those ooohs. A total sure shot (although I don't think this was a decent sized hit even in Canada):

Sherry's album is a solid affair. A country and rock singer at heart, she felt this was a difficult adjustment to sing something this pop. Lord knows how hardcore her pre-signed years were, but this is a gutsy guitar led march and I love the dancing. Sadly after some success, she bowed out after 1 more album and became a tour guide.

I don't think I could post about this song enough. A tender b-side that builds into something so beautiful that is all Cyndi's fragility and multi-octave prowess. From a yelp to a whisper, it's agonisingly perfect. I much prefer it to most of the True Colours album (which is still a very high quality affair I must still say).

And since I am "talking to myself", I'll throw in some Nina circa 1985. I think at this point she was a brief fixture on some late night chat shows, but I have no idea if this translated into any significant chart success. Obviously New York New York is the ideal 80s go-to, but this is almost atypically pop for her here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom