Post an 80s deep cut you love

I guess in this country then, this counts (albeit not for our US posters of a certain age):

I know I tell this story all the time but -
I saw Jody Watley live at SPLASH! (RIP) in New York in 2006 and she was a delight. I think she was plugging her covers album and she gave me a FAIR bit of EYE CONTACT & smiles and winking during 'I Want Your Love' as I was grinding and singing along with her

(That being SAID - it might have also been because I was pretty much being FNGERED on the dance floor by the most handsome man whose name escapes me now even though I ended up snogging the face off him later that evening, and I like to think that MISS Watley approved :disco: )

Last edited:
I know I tell this story all the time but -
I saw Jody Watley live at SPLASH! (RIP) in New York in 2006 and she was a delight. I think she was plugging her covers album and she gave me a FAIR bit of EYE CONTACT & smiles and winking during 'I Want Your Love' as I was grinding and singing along with her

(That being SAID - it might have also been because I was pretty much being FNGERED on the dance floor by the most handsome man whose name escapes me now even though I ended up snogging the face of him later that evening, and I like to think that MISS Watley approved :disco: )
Oh I saw her doing a Virgin in store event in Chicago for that album (by chance). I left with the album and the debut and even queued for a photo but her face is obscured by a giant fan she was constantly faffing.

That's an interesting one! I like it, yes, but the sheer insanity of releasing it as the second single off Let It Loose (Anything For You) in the US when you had that tracklisting waiting in the wings! It was the only single to miss the top 10 over there...(it properly bombed!)

No idea if this constitutes a 'deep cut' as such, but I know that the band wanted to release it as the 4th single, but the record company insisted on releasing the 'Walking On Thin Ice' Yoko Ono cover version instead of this...

No idea if this constitutes a 'deep cut' as such, but I know that the band wanted to release it as the 4th single, but the record company insisted on releasing the 'Walking On Thin Ice' Yoko Ono cover version instead of this...

Oh it definitely qualifies and yes absolutely was a single in waiting.

The most boring band of all time Air Supply got to number 2 in the US with this Jim Steinman song that sounds like Total Eclipse of the Heart. Only 80 in the UK

I secretly love Air Supply. But then I’m a bit of a Steinman stan full stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom