Quite the scandal really Thursday

Decided to have a day in London. The train is rammed. Should have got the Megabus.

1000012527.jpg
LONDON?

Have a week of annual leave left to take before end of March so I’ve booked to go to the French Riviera :disco:

Was all ready to live out my Mr Ripley fantasies but I’ve just double checked and that’s actually Italy :MerylPerplexed:

Morning.

Somehow, I've managed to take on the role of running the Instagram business page for Cowes, the town our shop is in.

I suggested it might be a good idea to have a page that promotes the businesses and events, and then everyone decided I should run it.

I hope I at least get a bottle of wine.

Also, I have chilblains again and both is helping them 😭

After the power cut at home last night my house alarm has gone completely doolally. The leccy came back on around ten to twelve last night and the alarm started going off so I flipped the electric switch off then on again which has always sorted the problem for the last twenty years. We've never used the house alarm and don't even know the codes for it. Anyway it seemed to work until the alarm went off again around half past twelve this morning so I went downstairs again and left the electric switched off, the label says "upstairs sockets" but it's actually upstairs lights and nobody needs lights upstairs when they're in bed. It's still happening this morning so Mr F has arranged for a sparky to come and disconnect the whole bloody alarm. I dread to think what this will cost. Maybe he'll be a kindly sparky and put all the labels in the electric box right while he's at it :(

Is it in the same town as yours?
No it's in Yarmouth, 13 miles away. Which isn't a lot, but for islanders it may as well be in Australia.

I think we will lose some locals who live in that area and come to us, I'm more concerned about the tourists we may lose. Although I'm not sure what the footfall is like there.

@floppet do you need a house alarm? It's always something I see people have on movies rather than real life.

@floppet do you need a house alarm? It's always something I see people have on movies rather than real life.
Until the demise of Ridley there'd always been a dog in the house and they're better than any house alarm. Most people around here have alarms because burglary is rife in deprived areas.

The man's been and disconnected the whole thing now and it only cost £90!

Ah yes I forgot about guard dog Ridley 💔

It's sad that people need alarms to keep their own homes safe :(

Although 99% of houses we saw in South Africa had alarms, electric fences, electric gates, barbed wire. It was scary.

Hello.

I'm taking a wee break from work after today, 12 consecutive non-working days incoming. A rainy February in Glasgow awaits my limited interest in the outside world.

Moopy is a MESS at the moment.

Why is everyone being such a LITTLE BITCH?

I just want to start "Which historical eras would you like to visit?", but I can't face the nasty comments about the Glorious Revolution or Pope Urban 2.

Well my day is a crock of shit

Loads of drama in work and I’ve HAD it. Interestingly enough I’m never involved but usually get dragged into it. I thought “taking sides” was a behaviour typically displayed by children?

FYI....I'd like to go back to prehistoric times. And live in a cave.

Seriously? Everyone here has one, we've had one for over 20 years :o The one time we didn't have one was when we got married and moved into the new house, we hadn't got round to installing it yet and we got burgled :(

Seriously? Everyone here has one, we've had one for over 20 years :o The one time we didn't have one was when we got married and moved into the new house, we hadn't got round to installing it yet and we got burgled :(
Yes, we've got one as well. Have they been standard with new housing for a while? Our house is nearly thirty years old now and I'm fairly sure it was part of the deal.

I'd forgotten just how big Hyde Park is. I walked diagonally across it from Marble Arch to Kensington Palace, stopping at the Serpentine Gallery on the way. I was exhausted by the time I got to High St Kensington though, spent about 45 minutes in a cafe recovering and then got the underground back.

I'd forgotten just how big Hyde Park is. I walked diagonally across it from Marble Arch to Kensington Palace, stopping at the Serpentine Gallery on the way. I was exhausted by the time I got to High St Kensington though, spent about 45 minutes in a cafe recovering and then got the underground back.

Hope you took a minute to reflect at the memorial for the Queen of our Hearts.

Yeah seriously. I genuinely don't know anyone on the island that has one. Even my brother and his wife who live in a big posh house in Seagrove.

Do people make it known they have alarms to deter people?

Actually, the vets I worked at didn't have alarms either and they're full of drugs 🤔

Do people make it known they have alarms to deter people?
Deffo, there is always one of those alarm boxes on the front. Most houses here have camera doorbells too, we have one plus an additional camera that covers more of our house from above. Every business here would have an alarm for sure!

The vets I worked at got broken in to once and all they stole was some drug you're meant to mix with morphine which is pointless on it's own.

They left the ketamine, tramadol, morphine, gaba 🤦🏻‍♀️

We don't have an alarm on our shop but I don't think fudge shops get burgled much 🤔 plus our Insurance said we don't need it 🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom