Race Across The World - New BBC Reality Gameshow

I was very much backing Zainib and Mobeen to win, but loved Trish and Cathie's reaction, and they REALLY wanted it.

Celeb version in the Autumn. I wonder who is doing it... they didn't show them in the trailer.

Aww so happy for Trish and Cathie ! Think it meant more to them than anyone else

Absolutely beaming seeing them win but I think I would have been for any of the final 3 there.

The adoption chat had me in actual tears and then also in tears because someone had offered a couple a lift :D

I can’t imagine how emotional being on the actual show is.

Ladi and Monique probably only missed out on a good chance of second by not being off the ferry sooner. That would have been a tense race.

Fucking GET IN

When do we get the contestant reveals? I want: a hot man in short shorts, a hun of any variety, and two camp old dears (as elderly as BBC insurance will allow).

At just 20 years old, the youngest competitors of the race, trainee pilot Owen and football referee Alfie from St Albans have a shared love of travel and a drive to win.

Retired couple Stephen, 61, and Viv, 65, from Rutland, are embarking on a quest for one last thrilling adventure before they ‘dribble into old age’.

For the first time there are two mother-and-daughter pairings in the race. Isabel, a trainee clinical scientist, is logical and likes to plan, whereas mum Eugenie, a teacher, is spontaneous and led by her heart.

Sharon, 52, a cleaner from Kent, and her daughter Brydie, 25, a snowboarding instructor, are determined to use their budgeting and people skills as a strategy to help cope with the challenges that come with Brydie’s dyslexia and get the edge on the other teams.

Well-travelled Betty, 25, and her younger brother James, 21, who prefers holidaying in Magaluf with the lads, have barely known each other as adults.

Some of these dynamics are starting to feel quite familiar, but I have faith in the casting. I'm sure I'll like most of them, and I'll revel in any misfortune that should befall the others.

Image-1.jpeg

Some of these dynamics are starting to feel quite familiar, but I have faith in the casting. I'm sure I'll like most of them, and I'll revel in any misfortune that should befall the others.
Glad someone else said this! I applied for this series with my ex (as ex’s, not when we were together) and we got down to the penultimate round but producers ‘went another way’

Delighted to see another way is… exactly the same way

I don't think I have too much of an issue with that (yet, at least), as long as the characters are interesting. But yes, when you have multiple couples, why not throw in another dynamic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom