• Midnights

Results are only viewable after voting.

joanne

get your SHIT together
let's GO!

also vote for her three best albums

1989 (TV)?
200.gif

her best album is reputation. :disco: after that def 1989 and Red. I got used to the TVs.

01 rep.
02 1989
03 Red
04 folklore
05 evermore
06 Midnights
07 Fearless
08 Lover
09 Speak Now
10 Taylor Swift

you can vote for the TVs if you prefer the OGs because they're technically the same albums.

1. 1989
2. folklore
3. Lover
4. Reputation
5. evermore
6. Red
7. Fearless
8. Midnights
9. Speak Now
10.Taylor Swift

Whilst not up there with OUR JARK, I love Reputation too. I debated putting it third for a bit.

I wish I could get into Midnights. I just CAN’T.

i will never understand how many girls can't get into Midnights. it is her most monumentally chaotic release since Red.

there are a few duds (Question...? Paris, Glitch), but there are also some career highlights: Lavender Haze, Maroon, Anti-Hero, Bejeweled, YOYOK, Hits Different, Would've Could've Should've, Dear Reader, You're Losing Me, Karma.

My # 3 changes between evermore because I truly am a witch by heart (Thanks Lana) and Speak Now because sometimes I feel like a 13y.o. blonde girl living in the country with nothing but a guitar and a will to love.

1. 1989
2. Red
3. folklore
4. Lover
5. evermore
6. Reputation
7. Midnights
8. Speak Now
9. Fearless
10. Taylor Swift (I don't know her)

i will never understand how many girls can't get into Midnights. it is her most monumentally chaotic release since Red.

there are a few duds (Question...? Paris, Glitch), but there are also some career highlights: Lavender Haze, Maroon, Anti-Hero, Bejeweled, YOYOK, Hits Different, Would've Could've Should've, Dear Reader, You're Losing Me, Karma.
Yeah true. But, while I used to think it just had a sagging middle, but on a recent-ish listen I found that the sagging middle actually went on for most of the middle and end part and a lot of it wasn't memorable from when I was first listening when it was first out. I mean, can you REALLY hum Vigilante Shit without cheating?

Last edited:

I would say plenty of highlights. chaotic though, really? every song sounds the same.

Maroon, Whole Sky, Hits Different, Anti Hero are properly great songs but she and Jack have truly reached the end of what can be mined in this soundscape. all that suffocating haze on every song, the oceans of reverb, the little random analog sound effects... every song is another variation on the last. the 1989 TV vault tracks even sounding like Midnights was ridiculous. she badly needs to switch it up now.

I properly love Midnights and it wouldn't go amiss as a proper goodbye to Jack as a collaborator. I agree with everything Jark says and everything I've read online.

Not to mention there have been some mishaps with him before where songs begin to blend into one and I don't want this to happen with Lana too.

I need to think this through but I am ready to call All Too Well (10 Minute Version) my favorite TS song

1. 1989
2. Reputation :o
3. Lover
4. Red
5. folklore
6. Midnights
7. evermore
8. Speak Now
9. Fearless
10. Taylor Swift

1. evermore 93
2. folklore
3. Red TV 90
4. 1989 TV 87
5. Speak Now TV 86
6. reputation 85
7. Midnights 83
8. Lover 80
9. Fearless TV 70
10. Taylor Swift 65

yes, we're introducing orange instead of yellow for <66 ratings this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom