Real Housewives of Salt Lake City - season 3

Queens I've renamed this thread :D LOOK how popular SLC is on moopy, 5 pages of posts already!

Anyway: officially renewed for season 2, and it's ended up doing OKish ratings wise too, especially for a first season.
I need the supermarket scene of Meredith and Brooks clipped out, it was so bizarre. Actually maybe we need a supercut of Brooks and Meredith attempting to do normal everyday tasks :D

I really liked this weeks episode, and next week seems to introduce a PSYCHIC into the mix which usually BODES WELL!
Lisa has gone from my least fave to challenging for my fave of the cast :D She's just such a truly awful being, with Lydia-Melbourne vibes in regards to how she speaks and her slightly disassociated from reality demeanour :D
They really need to build on Lisa vs Whitney for season 2:

Mary has literally not been in the show for the last 4/5 weeks bar a quick FaceTime with Whitney :D raging shes not on the cast trip.

Looking forward to Jen's world crashing down around her next week when she realises, that for all her extraness, none of the women trust her.

I think the producers need to sit the cast and have a word. Meredith and Lisa can’t keep disengaging and leaving whenever a fight starts.

Just caught back up with this after leaving it a month or so. The series seems to be picking back up again and I can't wait to see it kick off next week in the random woman's house with the gaudy glassware :disco:

I'm very sad that Mary has so little to do with things though. I need more of her detached delusion in group scenes. Do we have details about if she will be cast in season 2 yet?

I'm very sad that Mary has so little to do with things though. I need more of her detached delusion in group scenes. Do we have details about if she will be cast in season 2 yet?

No news or gossip about season 2 casting that I've heard. I think they'll almost certainly bring her back though, considering they realised their mistake with leaving her out of a lot of filming for season 1, and made her a full-time Housewife anyway.

I'd like to see them all back aside from Jen. Jen has that stifling effect on the show that Leanne Locken did in Dallas, and it would be great to see the rest of the cast breathe without her.

Whitney can only come back if she leaves her Dad and family out of it this time.

I really feel like they've pulled it back the past few weeks?
This week's episode was really good! Almost total drama and chaos, and I am unapologetically fond of Jen who is too much granted, but I'm much more about TOO MUCH than never enough (unless we are talking Soggy Flicker).

Scream at Meredith's BEJEWELED entire face covering from next week :D And scream again at Meredith disengaging right now AGAIN within MOMENTS of the episode starting :D
The DISENGAGEMENT should be tiresome and annoying, but it's just funny and semi-endearing to me :D

Do a New Jersey and keep the same cast for season 2 in my opinion. It's nice to see it's found an audience too, averaging about 1.5 million an episode in the end (+7 days FIGURES)

Heather is a fucking saint. She should have smacked Jen like ten times over how awful she treated her.

I expect they will keep the same cast (maybe not Mary because what’s the point?) and add one more.

Apparently during production they thought Mary was a DUD and pulled focus away, the show went from being a series about mormon business women to a Housewives franchise when Bravo reviewed the footage — and they backtracked somewhat on Mary in post production and late pick up filming as a result.

Bizarrely also, this was filmed in 2018, 2019 and early 2020 so chronology it's all over the place from episode to episode but that seems to be the du jour of housewives lately with their "3 months earlier" or "2 weeks earlier" quick flashbacks littered in episodes to help the narrative.

You could tell that they at least shot a pilot where Jen and Mary were friends.

The series definitely experienced a peak with the Las Vegas trip, because finally all the women (sans Saint Mary :() were together for longer than an afternoon.

The hypnotist (!!!) sitting them all down for a what's what was a great scene. "Raise your hand if you don't trust Jen" :D :D :D

Next week's NINETY MINUTE FINALE has ended up being essential viewing. And I've read that despite the series only being 12 episodes long, the reunion is going to be in three parts!

I was afraid she was gonna attack her.

Watching Jen just sit there and take it from her was a sight to behold

Bizarrely also, this was filmed in 2018, 2019 and early 2020 so chronology it's all over the place from episode to episode but that seems to be the du jour of housewives lately with their "3 months earlier" or "2 weeks earlier" quick flashbacks littered in episodes to help the narrative.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious the was something close to a full year between the Pilot and Vegas - and with a limited number of episodes, it does feel a little "plot-hole-y" at times.

Maybe production just had to DISENGAGE.

Highlight of the finale

EtWkXuCUUAEPadE.png

It was QUITE a dull finale no?

You don’t make your episode twice the length just to fill it up with SOLO SCENES.

It was a complete nothing of a finale. And a 3 part finale after only 13 episodes? No wonder Mary falls asleep, what on earth have they to discuss over 3 episodes?

It was a complete nothing of a finale. And a 3 part finale after only 13 episodes? No wonder Mary falls asleep, what on earth have they to discuss over 3 episodes?

I absolutely LOVE a reunion, but even I'm like :eyes:

I don't see what there is to go over for that length of time. Just sit down, berate Jen for doing far too much, high-five Meredith for her killer initiation to the fanz, sack Jen on air, and go home.

I know Andy said he thought it was too cruel but I would love Big Brother style evictions of Housewives at the end of the reunions :D

It would be particularly delicious if he pointed to a vocal Trump supporter and said: "You're Fired".

The nerve and delusion on Lisa. Heather and Whitney went for her and still nothing penetrated her.

Heather is the star of the cast.

Lisa really thought she had it and Mary at her side going for her at every opportunity really threw her off! :D

Even Meredith got a few shots in

This is why I shouldn't watch Housewives one bottle of wine in. I thought Lisa came across quite well. :D

I felt she was admirably tenacious without being obnoxious.

Oh she was definitely more alive than she’s ever been on the show but she also proved Whitney and Heather right because she obviously sees them as less than her. I didn’t end up hating her, I think she secured her season 2 snowflake with that performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom