Rose Gray

I binged her one day and found I preferred her second to her first, but generally it was all really good and fresh sounding. Will be keeping an eye on this.

Yes the first EP was a bit rougher round the edges, with some wilder vocals. It felt like she had developed more with Synchronicity.

real housewives dancing GIF by RealityTVGIFs

A midweek treat:

This really reminds me of something. I want to say Light Years/I Feel Love but not sure that is it.

It’s like Moroder and Chicane had a baby.

This girl is on form at the moment

spectacular again. where has this woman come from? her higher register has me ascending

EKymw1uUUAAmq7E.jpg:large

I agree it's giving Light Years with a little Impossible Princess energy.

Oh this new one is fab. Also a big fan of Cupid

The wonderful Rose is back from her hols with Harris Dickinson with a new song next week:

That sounds LUSH as an intro, althought it's difficult to tell what direction it will go in once it kicks in

Colour me interested though

I did wonder if she might be building towards an album but we are getting one more song to round out another EP on 1st February:

At least she is keeping the tracks coming.

:o oh my

She’s so good. Proof that pure pop stars don’t need to be basic!

She loves a 90s beat, doesn't she?

Was she on the Sound of 2023 longlist? I get that kind of feel from her at the moment

:o oh my

She’s so good. Proof that pure pop stars don’t need to be basic!
is she pure pop? I'd say she's as much as a dance act as a popstar. most of her songs tread the line, a bit like Purple Disco Machine.

is she pure pop? I'd say she's as much as a dance act as a popstar. most of her songs tread the line, a bit like Purple Disco Machine.

Yeah I agree, but her brand seems very pop. I guess I meant you can present yourself as a pop star but still do genre music.

Kylie was a dance act much of her career but still a pop star… and she did it very well.

She is playing main stage at Hoopla on the Saturday. I’m DELIGHTED as she doesn’t seem to TOUR much…

she simply cannot stop winning. it's very similar to Cupid melodically but that production is earlier 90s and quite delightful.

what does it remind me of specifically? I think Too Blind to See It by Kym Sims (with many other references thrown in) :disco:

moment of applause for the incredible cover which has to be the best dance artwork since Confidence Man's last album :disco:

I appreciate the pastiche, but the vocal can't fill the platforms of Lady Miss Kier. Cupid remains my RG go-to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom