S14 E11: Rulapalooza

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
This was a good episode. Nice variety of songs and they are good performers.

The best was Radio, I thought Angeria was a close second and even Camden was pretty decent.

Jasmine totally won the Love Don’t Cost a Thing lipsync and even the last one but I guess her number was up and even she seemed to be at peace with it. She really came off well by the end and I think she’s one of my favorites.

This show can be so unfair sometimes. I hate what they did to Jasmine, she easily won the last two lip syncs, and even if she might not have embodied the Aretha song, she still performed it so well.

It was obvious that she was going home, and she has the worst track record (but she wasn’t even the worst in Snatch game) but why making her look like she failed in something she’s so good at?

Bosco and Angeria should have been in the last lip sync with one of them picking the golden bar.

Disgusting to see Jasmine go over a lipsync challenge where she clearly did better and have bitter Bette advance to another week.

I thought Jasmine did well but didn't know a lot of the words in two of the songs. Especially Respect.

Good episode.

Well Thank Christ SOMEBODY went home! :D

I felt like several of those lip syncs could easily have been double elimination worthy in a different episode, particularly Willow vs Bosco. I love them both, but Willow was stiff as a board and Bosco is curiously dead behind the eyes when she lip syncs.

Only true standout for me was Lady Camden doing En Vogue.

I think these lip-synch episodes should become staples because they force everyone to show their dancing chops, if they have any.

I'm glad Jasmine went home from that bottom 4. She's a fantastic contestant and has a great personality, but in no universe is she better than Bosco.
The way she SHREDDED that chocolate wrapper :D

LADY CAMDEN has got to be one of the best queens ever. I love everything about her. It's so nice to see a queen who's just good old-fashioned NICE.

I’ve said it a few times but Bosco was giving strong Alaska vibes this episode. They have the same mania about them when the competitiveness kicks in.

Am I alone in thinking Jorgeous was rubbish? It’s the same moves and hairography over and over and over…..

Deja and Daya to leave immediately please.

Willow seemed a little stilted, but gave more realism to her lip synch.

Lady C was a pleasant surprise with the En Vogue track.

Jasmine's dancing is definitely on the clownish side. Lady Camden is the best lip-syncher this season. She's the Janet to Jasmine's JLo.

Sorry KC, you liked my post but I edited as I said Jasmine instead of Jorgeous…
Be careful next time. These Likes cost a buck each!

Jorgeous is a bit rubbish in general. The lip synch was decent. He's just so like able though.

I’ve said it a few times but Bosco was giving strong Alaska vibes this episode. They have the same mania about them when the competitiveness kicks in.

Yeah except Alaska performs under pressure. Bosco just crumbled. She was very underwhelming, I’m also bored of the same outfit she keeps wearing.

What a cruel way to lose Jasmine (and patronising sachet send-off from Ru too). I was bored around 30 minutes in, but Swept Away almost made up for the whole lot. I liked the premise in the end, but the song selection was not it. Radio played out well. Poor Bosco looked absolutely finished until the end (where they shone). Don't Let Go (Love) was excruciatingly bad.

It’s sad to lose Jasmine, I don’t know why because she hasn’t been doing very well but she very much seemed like the star/focus of the series. It could’ve easily have been Daya but I guess she’s giving too much villain.

Well I secretly enjoy Daya as she clearly can't help herself, but I suspect much of it is just trying to ensure she's getting her screen time.

I mean it’s one way of differentiating her self from Crystal Methyd who was effortlessly sweet.

What a cruel way to lose Jasmine (and patronising sachet send-off from Ru too). I was bored around 30 minutes in, but Swept Away almost made up for the whole lot. I liked the premise in the end, but the song selection was not it. Radio played out well. Poor Bosco looked absolutely finished until the end (where they shone). Don't Let Go (Love) was excruciatingly bad.
SACHET :D

The way they clearly had it planned that Jasmine was going this episode no matter what :D She definitely won the second lip sync.

Well, *sigh*
This would've been a good episode if it hadn't been made plainly obvious that Jasmine was destined by the "drag gods :eyes:" to be going from the minute the first lipsync ended. Daya needed to GO - it gave me that shitty early seasons vibe when they were just shoving each other out of the way for attention.

And after all that, Jasmine didn't even get to see everyone before going, she just got shoved out the back. She's never been my favourite, but what a hatchet job, and she's taken it all very positively. The double standards too, when she got upset and cried at the back (for the camera zoomed in on her) she gets criticism "Oh get it together, that's a lot of emotions" when Daya literally says every spiteful feeling that crosses her mind. She wasn't really called out for it, just patiently explained by Anjie, which got a sort of "I'm sorry she felt" type of apology, and as soon as Bosco admitted to having the same feeling, she just took that as total vindication that just 'being honest' without any tact is just everyone else's problem.

I just felt bad for Jasmine really, even the other queens didn't seem to give a shit that she was gone. Let alone that she was set up in a lip sync episode.

Some really weird choice in the lip syncs too - Anjeria was a weirdly cold one, those wide lemur eyes staring out into space. Bosco only really got it together in the last one too (she is sort of fascinating to look at, her satanic makeup). Camden was great, and Jorgeous too.

Just need to GET RID of Daya and Deja (in that order) and I can start talking about what a strong cast we have.

Also :D at Jorgeous' Punching the Ghost

Anjeria was a weirdly cold one, those wide lemur eyes staring out into space.

Exactly that! :D

Can we talk about how odious that Daya look was with that shitty early 00’s hair. Hateful, and she’s not even a fun villain.

Also it seems to be forgotten that Daya left first and was brought back; to have the nerve to complain about others being given a second chance!

Exactly that! :D

Can we talk about how odious that Daya look was with that shitty early 00’s hair. Hateful, and she’s not even a fun villain.

Also it seems to be forgotten that Daya left first and was brought back; to have the nerve to complain about others being given a second chance!

Only if we can talk about how magnificent Camden’s hair was too :disco:

I’ve got a lot of time for Beyoncé, but she has some overrated songs, I think Radio is pretty high on that list for me

Beyonce and Kylie have such epic back catalogues but the lip sync choices are normally DREADFUL or at best 6/10 choices.

A Top 4 of Willow, Angeria, Bosco, and Lady Camden sounds awesome tbh.

I love Jorgeous, but no. And they better not try to shoehorn Daya in there.

Ru has such a MASSIVE BONER for Jorgeous they will do whatever they can to get her in the final, I partly think that’s why Jasmine was ditched as she’s the only one who could’ve threatened her in a lip sync.

Ru has such a MASSIVE BONER for Jorgeous they will do whatever they can to get her in the final, I partly think that’s why Jasmine was ditched as she’s the only one who could’ve threatened her in a lip sync.
I’m scared of the prospect of Jorgeous is a lipsync smackdown for the crown finale - it would feel somewhat unfair for someone with a comparatively poor track record to win such a strong season.

I’m scared of the prospect of Jorgeous is a lipsync smackdown for the crown finale - it would feel somewhat unfair for someone with a comparatively poor track record to win such a strong season.

Well we can see from this episode that in a lip sync you can just choose anyone as the winner if it fits the story!

I feel like it needs to be more borderline. If a queen clearly annihilates the other (which Jorgeous is more than capable of doing) then no amount of crafty editing can cover that up.

I feel like it needs to be more borderline. If a queen clearly annihilates the other (which Jorgeous is more than capable of doing) then no amount of crafty editing can cover that up.

Well in that case, I don’t think it matters too much in the finale if someone does crap - it’s going to look a bit fishy if they win, even if it is a fan fave.

I could see why people should Shea was a front runner, but her So Emotional was kind of blah (and that’s before we talk about the roses). That’s why her “rose petals ruined my life” storyline was even more grating for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom