Scoop (Gillian Anderson IS Emily Maitlis)

full trailer - looks essential. out in 3 weeks

Gillian with her Maitlis tan on :disco:

Love how Gillian has got around the difficulty of doing an Emily Maitlis impression by just not even trying :disco:

She looks like her at least. I'm not completely sold on this yet; the story about how the interview was set up has been told so many times I feel like I was there myself, and the trailer's nowhere near as camp and fun as I'm hoping the film will be.

I'm sure she's a great little actress but the presence of Billie Piper takes me out of it.

I loved it! It’s CAMP AS TITS!

Though surely the next thing they’ll need to sort in our modern world is proper billing rather than based on star power. It’s Billie Piper’s show and she is totally the lead but is demoted to third and a “with” credit.

I think Hayley Campbell said on Must Watch that it was like Rufus Sewell was wearing Prince Andrew's flayed skin and she was right. Creepy.

I quite liked this but how the Maitlis version is going to drag a series out of it I do not know.

I think I felt like this had a similar ish problem to recent seasons of The Crown - portraying recent, well known events, not really having a perspective other than "journalism is a very good thing!", and losing power dramatically as soon as the interview came round. I did enjoy it, funny in a few places, but still I wondered what was the point a bit.

Gillian was pleasingly camp as tits despite not bothering at all to do Emily's voice and Billie remains a star who deserves a proper vehicle of her own again soon. 6/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom