Scream 7 (Now 12% more screamier)

Kratz

Τα, τα, τα, τα, τα, τα
Melissa Barrera has been fired from Scream 7 for comments along the lines of ‘jews control the media’.

I guess they’ve found a way to pay for Neve Campbell now.

Seems to stem from these...

F_fKyAOacAAEOzq

F_fTagXXcAIgnfl

The Scream movies are my comfort movies, but this idiotic move and their refusal to pay Neve what she was worth for Scream 6 are really turning me off the franchise. Not sure I'm going to see the new ones at the cinema anymore.

Reactions: COB
If you're making a slasher franchise you can limit the amount of actors who can derail your project by playing into problematic tropes by occasionally KILLING OFF SOME CHARACTERS.

The Scream movies are my comfort movies, but this idiotic move and their refusal to pay Neve what she was worth for Scream 6 are really turning me off the franchise. Not sure I'm going to see the new ones at the cinema anymore.
They’re not even that scary anymore. If they really wanted to make a frightening film they should write one from the perspective of a Moopy moderator who only has minutes to decide whether or not a poster should be banned.

Reactions: GNL
of course she'll never give an official statement but WE KNOW ;)

I assume the franchise is dead? No Neve and no Billy's daughter? What would the premise be about?

Maybe they'll try and retool it around Neve again, but I hope she tells them to DO ONE after how they treated her.

Yeah apparently they're going to redo script to make it purely a Sidney story, but hopefully she tells them to fuck off as well.

They’re not even that scary anymore. If they really wanted to make a frightening film they should write one from the perspective of a Moopy moderator who only has minutes to decide whether or not a poster should be banned.
I would only call the opening of the first one and some parts of the second one scary, the rest of the franchise is more about suspense and good, tense chase scenes.

of course she'll never give an official statement but WE KNOW ;)

I assume the franchise is dead? No Neve and no Billy's daughter? What would the premise be about?
I think Neve is supposed to be in it, but it remains to be seen if she's gonna do it now. I feel bad for Christopher Landon, I'm sure it was a dream come true for him to direct a Scream movie and now it's just one big clusterfuck.

Can a @Moderator create a new thread starting from post #83, please? There seem to be ongoing reports about this whole mess pertaining Scream 7 :shock:

One source tells Variety that "before Barrera was fired, plans for the next Scream were being retooled." Sure Jan. "Ortega’s exit had required the creative team to make some alterations. There were still hopes that the actress might be convinced to come back for some sort of cameo. That no longer seems to be in the cards."

However, another source tells Variety, "Ortega was never in the mix for the new film."

They go on to say that Ortega and Barrera only signed on for two Scream films and that they fulfilled those obligations with movies five and six. They would have had to sign new contracts for seven.

The writers (James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick), "will now work on a fresh draft to present to filmmakers. Some set pieces and twists may be preserved, but the movie will need to find new protagonists."

Producers now have their eye on Neve Campbell to return. And possibly Patrick Dempsey, who they say, "had a scene-stealing turn in 2000’s Scream 3." Right.

They had hopes for Scream 7 to drop in 2025, and they could still possibly make that year work depending on the writers. They note that Scream films don't require extensive visual effects and can be produced quickly.

No talks with any actors has started. Spyglass had no comment.

Producers now have their eye on Neve Campbell to return. And possibly Patrick Dempsey, who they say, "had a scene-stealing turn in 2000’s Scream 3." Right.

I'm glad their movie is fucked. fuck them.

Hollywood is run by first class idiots, so I guess it's a perfect microcosm of America. showing support for Palestine is not anti-semitism.

Hollywood is run by first class idiots, so I guess it's a perfect microcosm of America. showing support for Palestine is not anti-semitism.

but when that fucking Noah Schnapp (sp?) uploads IG stories stating that "Zionism is sexy" he gets to keep his job in Stranger Things! Shame on you Netflix.

Still Screamin' (Screams 2% louder everytime someone dies)

:queenofthenight:

I’m kind of just watching from a distance at this stage, whilst I enjoyed 6 I only saw it at the cinema once and whilst I think Melissa and Tara were good I was already skeptical over the who situation with Neve and the Sidney character.

I’m mostly sad that a 25 year old franchise has been decimated in a matter of days and the one thing Scream had as a franchise was that it’d always delivered to a high standard and quality calibre. I’m not sure now with the mess Spyglass and Paramount are creating since 5

• Care
Reactions: COB
Okay but hear me out...

Jennifer Jolie survived the events of Scream 3 and relocated to Italy where, after years in therapy and Eat Pray Love-esque self-improvement retreats, she decides to make her return to acting in an independent Italian movie. However, her beautiful female co-stars, all of whom have a fondness for red lipstick and heels which make a satisfying noise when they walk, start turning up very brutally murdered by a killer with a very sharp scalpel. A middle-aged detective helps Jennifer to realise that a killer is on the loose who's creating a real-life giallo movie, and she is the main character.

There we go, Scream 7 sorted, one of the best characters in the franchise gets her shitty death retconned, a whole new subgenre of horror gets the meta treatment, and Sid gets to keep the happy ending she fully deserves.

America’s inability to see shades of gray is what also causes its fucked up politics.

And I would be sad that this franchise is probably dead but I find myself not really caring - it makes it easier to accept when the studio is being a tone deaf twat

I doubt the franchise is dead - Barrera and (especially) Ortega are highly replaceable. Back to the drawing board no doubt.

Yes, the franchise will keep on running after record-breaking box office receipts for Scream 6 - however all those implausible attempts to keep the "core four" alive seem redundant now.

Anyway, let's see how this will play out - the franchise has never produced a really bad movie so far.

It doesn’t feel like it’s in particularly steady hands with them though. They don’t seem to care about the legacy as much as the dollars

however all those implausible attempts to keep the "core four" alive seem redundant now.
This is a trope that can die come the next instalment. I don't like going into a slasher film feeling like any character is invulnerable, and the bizarre determination to keep most of the main cast alive meant that the actual kills in 6 were such minor league characters (Aneka aside) that they barely registered. The psychiatrist who was in the movie for about a minute? Gale's new boyfriend who wasn't even mentioned until the scene where he died? Bodega customer #2?

I absolutely agree with you, though I must say that Scream 6 has two series-best setpieces regarding tension for me - first the "ladder scene" and then the scene on the subway. Those are however cheapened by the end of the movie.

Let's see how they will continue from now on

The fact the original Scream 7 script was going to delve “further” into Maureen Prescott’s story :eyes: Let the old slag rest in peace!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom