SG Lewis - AudioLust/HigherLove (album 2)

Both great but Missing You is the one for me. The galloping verses give me a bit of Embrace by PNAU and the post chorus synthy bits are very :disco:

So @Jark is right and I'm very predictable but "Something" is totally hitting the spot

The other one sounds like him trying to get a radio hit as it's not his usual lofi schtick but I'm not mad at him for it. It does verge on Years & Years a bit for me. A PSB influence is not necessarily a bad thing but might take a bit of getting used to from him. All good though!

Oh love these!
Missing You is my favourite, towards the end it’s very Dannii vs Dead Or Alive :disco:
Something About Your Love is indeed very Discovery

Something About Your Love is good but Missing You is definitely the keeper.

A remix for each:

new double single next Friday — Vibe Like This (with ty dolla $ign and lucky daye) and Infatuation.

and here are the album cover, title and tracklist

IePhLnn.jpg

AudioLust & HigherLove

1. Intro
2. Infatuation
3. Holding On
4. Call on Me (with Tove Lo)
5. Oh Laura (with Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs)
6. Missing You
7. Another Life
8. Fever Dreamer (with Channel Tres and Charlotte Day Wilson)
9. Epiphany
10. Lifetime
11. Plain Sailing
12. Vibe Like This (with Lucky Daye & Ty Dolla $ign)
13. Different Light
14. Something About Your Love
15. Honest

artwork is so :disco: lots of solo trax this time around. a Channel Tres and Charlotte Day Wilson track may potentially end me though. not out til end of Jan (!) though. paging @funky and @FetchFugly!

Ooh collab with Tove Lo ? yes please

That's a way off! Certainly more solo tracks than last time but if the first two songs (and Missing You in particular) are anything to go by this should be quite something.

Both of these are absolute treats. Something becoming one of my hits of the year.

Vibe Like This is good on first listen, but he could have found a better rapper than Ty Dolla $ign

I prefer Infatuation. Vibe is a touch nothingy.

I think Ty always delivers a solid to great verse on pop tracks though. he's super underrated.

Yep Infatuation is the better one on first listen

I think Ty always delivers a solid to great verse on pop tracks though. he's super underrated.
I do like his disgusting song Or Nah... and of course Work From Home. I just find him kind of blah

I do like that he named his album Featuring Ty Dolla Sign

I prefer Infatuation. Vibe is a touch nothingy.

Yeah Vibe sounded excatly how I expected it to sound. Infatuation is wayyyy better :disco:

I love BOTH. What a celebration of the 80s - R&B funk on one side and new wave electro on the other.

Obsessed with both these new ones. These are the songs Calvin Harris was supposed to make for his hyped up album. This stuff is so similar and yet, so much better.

@Jark can you change the thread title to just SG Lewis hun

Vibe Like This is really growing on me as well. the production knocks and the chorus is catchy.

changed to make it album specific, we don't do general threads!

Fabulous. Although he needs to slow down the releases, I don’t want the whole album out by the time he releases it!

it's good. but to be honest I find the whole sound so far a little muzak-y. I need something with a decent pulse. the only songs I have particular excitement for are Missing You and Vibe Like This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom