So it looks like the S Club revival is really happening...

From memory she isn’t too bad, but not quite what she used to be. Bradley is decent as well.

The other five are varying degrees of average to incompetent. A Faye Tozer second lead female would do them wonders but not even Rach can hold much more of a tune than Lisa Scott Lee, let alone Hannah or Queen Teen.

From memory she isn’t too bad, but not quite what she used to be. Bradley is decent as well.

The other five are varying degrees of average to incompetent. A Faye Tozer second lead female would do them wonders but not even Rach can hold much more of a tune than Lisa Scott Lee, let alone Hannah or Queen Teen.

John must have been quite good too? Did he not go in to musical theatre? Paul? I can’t ever remember him singing.

All nostalgia to one side - S Club and Steps were shite back when they first appeared on the scene in the 90's and three quite-catchy hits does not a legendary group make.

All nostalgia to one side - S Club and Steps were shite back when they first appeared on the scene in the 90's and three quite-catchy hits does not a legendary group make.

They were fun throwaway pop, and both groups were very good at it.

I like some of both groups songs, but I would definitely veer towards Steps if I had to choose one although neither were my favourite.

They were fun throwaway pop, and both groups were very good at it.
I agree that they were throwaway pop. The groups themselves had no choice but to be good at it, because each individual member was contractually fucked. Nostalgia and monetary gain will always scrape out the bottom of the pop recycling bin.

I agree that they were throwaway pop. The groups themselves had no choice but to be good at it, because each individual member was contractually fucked. Nostalgia and monetary gain will always scrape out the bottom of the pop recycling bin.

Oh one million percent but I don’t necessarily see the bad in it in this sense. The group are all getting back out there doing what they love and making some good money out of it. The fans can go and relive their youth. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t necessarily see the bad in it in this sense.
I agree. If you loved them being shit back then, then go ahead and recapture your youth in the midst of a cost of living crisis paying money to see a bunch of people who earned a lot more than you back then, but apparently not quite enough to see them through to retirement.

I agree. If you loved them being shit back then, then go ahead and recapture your youth in the midst of a cost of living crisis paying money to see a bunch of people who earned a lot more than you back then, but apparently not quite enough to see them through to retirement.

okay-confused.gif

Every artist (whether shit or not is completely subjective, so let’s not go down that path) performs for money. This isn’t exclusive to S Club or Steps or anyone - literally every artist will do it and be compensated.

So if people enjoy it and want to spend their money on it then that’s great for all parties involved.

S Club 7 have always been very vocal (from what I've read in other places, they were never very big here anyway) about how they were apparently done dirty with their contracts, and taken advantage of at a very young age.
They didn't make much off the music since they didn't have writing credits but did better with the TV show and the royalties weren't exactly very good, to begin with.

Did they ever perform live? I’d love to hear some of Tina’s live dulcet tones :disco:

Did they ever perform live? I’d love to hear some of Tina’s live dulcet tones :disco:

Did you just listen to that Never Had A Dream Come True performance? They all sound out of tune on the chorus?! That's surely live (or some of it at least).

Did you just listen to that Never Had A Dream Come True performance? They all sound out of tune on the chorus?! That's surely live (or some of it at least).

Just listened, horrible! :D

I don't feel like it's fat shaming Paul (on here anyway) - it's just a general 'letting himself go' compared to all the other 6 who look like they care about their appearance. And I get that that's materialistic and blah blah.. but... they're coming back as pop stars not builders.
I don't think it's Paul being fat (is he fat? He doesn't look fat) it's more that he looks like the cameraman decided to join the photo. The others still going for a pop star look, or bothered to show up. He's just some bloke off the street. Nothing wrong with that, but you can't deny he stands out a mile.
He could improve his hair and his styling but I absolutely don’t doubt that some of the reason that people feel he “doesn’t look like a pop star” is because he is on the heavier side. He is however, more representative of how people actually age - most people don’t Tina Barrett their way to 45 looking practically the same as when they were 22!

The issue (and it isn't) with his hair is just the fact that it's a contributing factor to him looking like what he is, rather than what he stopped being two decades ago.

I think the current hair is an improvement to that overgrown no direction monstrosity.

He could improve his hair and his styling but I absolutely don’t doubt that some of the reason that people feel he “doesn’t look like a pop star” is because he is on the heavier side. He is however, more representative of how people actually age - most people don’t Tina Barrett their way to 45 looking practically the same as when they were 22!

Genuinely the biggest thing for me was that everyone else appeared to arrive in reasonable clothes and he’s in a tracksuit for their first press in a decade. It looks like ‘I don’t give a shit’.

I appreciate that Bradley is also wearing effectively a tracksuit but there are different ways to wear that and he does look like he’s thought about it.

I don’t accept that we shouldn’t make an effort to dress a particular way when we’re turning up to work to be honest.

What about his hair here?

hannah-spearritt-and-paul-cattermole-formerly-of-s-club-7-fame-attending-the-european-premiere-of-beyond-the-sea-leicester-square-london-doug-petersallactiondigitalcom-2DGPP0X.jpg

Obviously what he’s wearing here is completely unfashionable (certainly now!) but he looks like he’s TRIED. Blazer, jeans, shoes. This is completely the opposite to his look in that press conference.

Genuinely the biggest thing for me was that everyone else appeared to arrive in reasonable clothes and he’s in a tracksuit for their first press in a decade. It looks like ‘I don’t give a shit’.

I appreciate that Bradley is also wearing effectively a tracksuit but there are different ways to wear that and he does look like he’s thought about it.

I don’t accept that we shouldn’t make an effort to dress a particular way when we’re turning up to work to be honest.

Do you ever stop to think that maybe he is struggling with the way he looks/ self esteem and his dress reflects that? I think it's crass to just sit here and judge someone based on what he is wearing when you know FUCK ALL about the context behind it. He could also be flat broke with nothing he really feels is trendy/ fashionable. They clearly don't have a stylist at this stage.

S Club performed at a local venue on the Island on Friday, but it was just Bradley and Tina.

This had been advertised for some time and it sold out within minutes.

Then the S Club revival got announced and suddenly Bradley & Tina were told they couldn't sing any S Club songs at the island venue.

I didn't go, but apparently there was mixed opinions on the evening.

Last edited:
What did they sing? Tina's solo hits I hope.
I'm not actually sure, because no one has taken any videos or anything. But from what I heard it was basically like watching two random people sing karaoke badly, then posing for photos

• Wow
Reactions: COB
Oh my, I've actually just read an article and apparently Tina didn't even turn up :D

And it seems Bradley did sing some S Club songs in a more karaoke way with the crowd joining in. Then he stopped performing and left it to a DJ to entertain while he posed for photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom