Taylor Swift - Reputation (Taylor's Version)

I've come around to Reputation in the last few years, especially during lockdown between the releases of folklore and evermore because I never paid enough attention to it when released in 2017 due to several reasons, like the awful lead single, her off putting attitude during this period amongst other stuff; time has revealed it to be a pretty little album, I think expectations were riding very high after 1989 and some might have thought it was not a worthy follow up but it does contain some career highs as well as some absolute dreck (Gorgeous for example).

Reputation is obviously the ginger stepchild of the catalogue and, yes, it is largely because of Look What You Made Me Do pretty much throttling the album at birth. It'll be interesting to see what the Vault Tracks That Aren't Actually From Any Kind Of Vault At All have in store. I'm hoping for a decent serving in that regard although that could lead to another £20 double CD that I won't buy, like Speak Now.

apparently she recorded quite a few songs for Rep that were never used, including with Max, so I can imagine the vault tracks this time really will be.

I love this album so much. it's always in regular rotation chez jarkette. she better not ruin Getaway Car. full single and video treatment please!

incoming loon take:

all the TVs have generally been better than the OGs imo.

her vocals have matured and are much stronger, the productions and drums are richer, clearer, and are more lush. she makes up for the few botched tracks (Style, the Red singles and Girl At Home) with all-around better records. i can live without the original albums except for a handful of unmatched OG tracks like State of Grace and All Too Well.

i'll do say that on first listen the TVs usually sound a bit off, but they've all been incredible growers.

Given that she's going with a new album, I dare say we can expect this and TV debut during the next leg(s) of the tour.

it's coming!

200w.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom