Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department (out April 19th)

Track listing:

SIDE A Fortnight (feat Post Malone / The Tortured Poets Department / My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys / Down Bad
SIDE B So Long, London / But Daddy I Love Him / Fresh Out the Slammer / Florida!!! (feat Florence + The Machine)
SIDE C Guilty as Sin? / Whos Afraid of Little Old Me: / i Can Fix Him (No Really I Can) / lomi
SIDE D i Can Do It With a Broken Heart / The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived / The Alchemy / Clara Bow / Bonus Track: The Manuscript

It’s loml as in love of my life, innit

"But Daddy I Love Him" has to be the 3am whisky-drunk version of "Love Story".

IMG_2294.jpeg

so slogan t-shirt manufacturers win and Harry Styles loses

I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can) is surely about Matt Healy

talking in Melbourne about how this was the album she needed to make

so far there are only two vinyl editions!

1. You think this will be it?
2. She is LITERALLY creating a new version with a different second bonus track to the one she released a week ago.

2. She is LITERALLY creating a new version with a different second bonus track to the one she released a week ago.
and? :D

there might be some more cover variants to come but apparently there are no more bonus tracks. I think overall there will be vastly less editions than 1989 TV had

and? :D

there might be some more cover variants to come but apparently there are no more bonus tracks. I think overall there will be vastly less editions than 1989 TV had

and- YOU came for me for saying what you've just confirmed with that last sentence!

Every Taylor Swift release has ridiculous amounts of fan-fleecing variants. 87 different global editions of Midnights according to Discogs :D

and- YOU came for me for saying what you've just confirmed with that last sentence!
I came for you? nobody's coming for anyone dear, it's merely a discussion

87 different global editions of Midnights according to Discogs :D
that's literally because discogs counts every territory/region as a separate release?

that's literally because discogs counts every territory/region as a separate release?

But nowadays, most releases aren't country specific. So if you look, most are listed as "Europe"/ "USA". Collectors will try and get as many of those variants as they can, even if it's the "same" colour/ pressing- style.

At a glance I can see 14 completely distinct versions of Midnights (colour/ format variants). That's insane.

it is insane. i do think there will be about 3-4 vinyls max for TP and maybe the same numbers of cassettes/CDs. but once again... nobody is obligated to buy anything!

A different bonus track on each double vinyl edition is an absolute pisstake. At least Olivia Rodrigo kept hers secret, even if fans did no snapping them up once they found out.

At least Olivia Rodrigo kept hers secret, even if fans did no snapping them up once they found out.

how did she keep them "secret"? Olivia announced the 4 variants with 4 different bonus tracks on social media?

anytime Taylor does something that everybody else does, somehow it suddenly becomes "annoying" "manipulative" or "capitalist" :nononono:

hopefully she eventually releases a "Deluxe" edition with the 4 bonus tracks on Spotify because gatekeeping the songs and having them shelved in different editions is annoying.

Not one person has used the words “annoying”, “manipulative”, or “capitalist” in this thread. :YesIHaveDone:

not in this thread. i wasn't referring to @octophone but the obsessed Taylor haters on twitter and tiktok

howling at the "alternate" cover being the most normal, boring pic of her that could easily pass by for a Midnights outtake and the audience going nuts!

14 distinct formats for an album isn't that many these days - Paul McCartney and The Rolling Stones both did more than that for their most recent albums.
how did she keep them "secret"? Olivia announced the 4 variants with 4 different bonus tracks on social media?

anytime Taylor does something that everybody else does, somehow it suddenly becomes "annoying" "manipulative" or "capitalist" :nononono:

hopefully she eventually releases a "Deluxe" edition with the 4 bonus tracks on Spotify because gatekeeping the songs and having them shelved in different editions is annoying.
Rodrigo's bonus tracks were not announced as being different. The bonus track was assumed to be the same as that on the main vinyl release and fans noticed otherwise and began to share this online.

14 distinct formats for an album isn't that many these days - Paul McCartney and The Rolling Stones both did more than that for their most recent albums.

Rodrigo's bonus tracks were not announced as being different. The bonus track was assumed to be the same as that on the main vinyl release and fans noticed otherwise and began to share this online.

oh, really? :D that's stupid. i still haven't heard any of those bonus tracks and i'm a GUTS fan. she needs better marketing strategies.

I'm very excited for it but strangely I can wait. maybe the lack of a lead single is making it all feel a bit THEORETICAL for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom