The 1975 - Happiness (and album 5, Being Funny in a Foreign Language)

Jark

User
this second single from the 1975's upcoming fifth album is produced with Jack Antonoff and it's really quite good. you've got the 80s movie soundtrack synths, the little explosions of sax, it's pretty joyful. they just do this SO WELL.

@funky @FetchFugly @RJN @Tisch @Pipo

Holy SHIT. They finally gave us a follow up to their best ever song, Somebody Else. This is gorgeous

it wishes! Somebody Else is a once in a career song. I liked a couple of the singles but the album really is a syrupy slog and Oh Caroline does nothing for me. About You is good though. I'm just not really here for this Jack Antonoff sound and loose train of thought songwriting that's absolutely all over this album.

but it's ok because we'll always have the greatest 1975 song of all time A Change of Heart :disco:

I've had a QUICK WHIZZ through the album and I really like it. Moreso than the last one. It is very safe, but there's a hark back to their earlier synthwave sound and also some Americana influences that I'm living for. I'll definitely go back to this.

About You now taking off, #58 on Spotify and top 100 on Apple Music. Had never heard it but it’s bloody good.

About You and Oh Caroline are wonderful even if the lyrics are heavy. Queen of uplifting songs with dark lyrics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom