The Killer (David Fincher)

Vote

• Total voters
this looks good but a bit STANDARD for Fincher. it's premiering in Venice so reviews coming soon. I hope it's great and I do love Fassbender but really Fincher's films are so visually sumptuous, they're made for the big screen. Netflix feels like a weird place for him to be resident director at now.

It is getting a limited release in cinemas.

of course but 95% of people will watch this at home. I guess tvs are pretty impressive now anyway, it's just kind of a shame to me as he's my fave director and he was on a great run up to Gone Girl.

films mostly seen on Netflix don't seem to capture the zeitgeist or be remembered in the same way that a movie like that was able to. witnessing a twist in a cinema hits different!

It might just be some ropey shots/lighting, and not to be mean but Fassbender is aging like MILK.

I did spot big floppy cock in the shower scene so fingers crossed.

It might just be some ropey shots/lighting, and not to be mean but Fassbender is aging like MILK.

Yeah I had a similar thought when I watched the trailer for the Taika Waititi movie he’s in.

It looks ALL FUR COAT AND NO KNICKERS but he will always have my attention. Perhaps the whole point of the trailer is not to reveal anything which is a welcome change from the usual promos.

The two TILDA shots for the gays were quite :disco: mind.

this is out.

Fassbender is great with what he has to work with but the story goes nowhere, his character is too cold to invest in, the visuals are flat as fuck (barely any style in any frame - very off brand)... it's not even particularly interesting in its approach to the subject matter. a big old shrug of a film.

I thought it was enjoyable. Not the most deep story but it kept my interest and Tilda (as usual) ate.

I really enjoyed this. So icy cold on every level and I loved the way it looked. It's smaller scale than I was expecting, more Panic Room than Zodiac, which took a bit of adjusting to, but once I was got into the rhythm of it, I was hooked.

Can't see it do much awards business, especially given how busy things are this year.

Saw it at the LFF and was mostly bored. It had such a good premise but I didn’t care one iota about anyone involved.

I liked it but I was not proven wrong in that it's style over substance galore.

But WHAT STYLE. I will watch this man's ouvre of PROBLEMATIC ANGRY WHITE MEN anytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom