The SCOOCH Survivor - ROUND 1 (VOTE TO EVICT)

Vote for your LEAST favourite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kala

Call the police
Pronouns
He/Him
Natalie.jpg
Caroline.jpg
Russ.jpg
David.jpg

I have wanted to one of these for a while, so I thought I'd start with something which will be relatively short, sadly a bit like Scooch's career. Scooch were Natalie Powers from Sutton Coldfield, Caroline Barnes from Leeds, Russ Spencer from Bournemouth and David Ducasse from South Shields. They were always seen as a poor man's Steps, a bit unfairly, I have to add as they had some decent songs, and I think their debut (and only album) is better than Steps' debut album (for the simple fact it doesn't contain Experienced).

But what is Moopy's favourite Scooch song? Let's begin our journey to find out.

Five songs. One vote. Seventy two hours. One elimination.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When My Baby (#29, November 1999)

WMB.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Than I Needed To Know (#5, January 2000)

MTIKTK.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Best Is Yet To Come (#12, May 2000)

TBIYTC.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Sure (#15, August 2000)

FS.jpg

Flying The Flag (For You) (#5, April 2007)

FTFFY.jpg

Not what I was expecting for the next survivor.

Surely More…will win, followed by The Best…and then the rest?

Well if we are done with asserting the results of the whole thing during round one, I don’t think I have their album much of a go.

I got the album the same day I did sexual stuff with a man, and incidentally the same day I got crabs. So I guess it’s not such a good connection for me. Also I think he ripped a copy of the CD too.

I’m sure they’re very nice but it’s hard not to just see them as a baldly obvious ripoff of Steps without the material

More Than I Needed To Know is more than enough material!

Thiugh obviously POP! (band not poster) were even better.

KALA NAME DROP ALERT

I am sure that I have already told my story of getting rat arsed with Scooch at the after party of a Eurovision gala thing in Newcastle which I managed to blag my way in to.

Caroline of course, was a Queen, and was knocking back the wine big style and cemented my opinion of her being my favourite member of Scooch.. Natalie and Russ were also lovely. David wasn‘t at the after party, if I recall. I think he’d just got married or something and was off ‘shagging’ as Caroline said. There was almost an altercation between us and one of Brotherhood of Man who stole the bottle of white wine Caroline and I were sharing.

Linda Martin and Nicki French were also there PISSED as farts. Iconic. Johnny Logan was, well, an interesting character. I saw him walking around Newcastle the next day in the same clothes looking a bit lost.

Tbh it’s for the best, I’ve been giving the album a quote unquote good listen and to say it’s tinny… I’m not sure they could afford tin. It’s like the leftovers of the leftovers of Steps tracks, shovelled into a greasy paper bag

That said, nostalgia is helping me enjoy the singles still.

Kind of amazing how they had a flop for a debut single (by 1999 standards) and had a top 5 a few months later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom