Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

Winner of the Palm D’or from the director of Raw.

It’s weird. Lots of body horror and some gender fuckery.

Man-Has-Sex-With-Car.png

Really excited for this one. It’s not released here until December 31st but I’m hoping to see it at a film festival at the end of this month :disco:

This was erm, weird.

I noticed quite a lot of homoerotic themes throughout. The birthing scene was gross but not nearly as much as I was expecting.

I’m intrigued by this, but I really struggle with body horror. How bad is it?

I’m intrigued by this, but I really struggle with body horror. How bad is it?
I kept hearing of people leaving to be sick at the LFF and so that was very much a "challenge accepted, and I'll take some food in with me" moment. I did have one walk-out from my screening at the weekend, but it really isn't that bad. I only had to wince at something once. It's the weird plot that was most amusing.

Appropriately grubby stuff, this was a ride, though not a patch on its Cronenberg inspiration. It's neither as stomach churning as its reputation suggests or as good as the Cannes win promises.

The screening I was at was packed, the
nose break scene was awful because it took so long for her to do it properly
and when she tried to
bite the nipple ring off.
😬

I saw this back in the summer and all I remember is that my bf hated it so much he threw a massive tantrum after we left the cinema because I said I kind of liked it. Queens being hysterical.

Was I the only one who thought she was going to give birth to an actual car at the end?

I genuinely wondered if we were getting Lightning McQueen’s origin story
:D :D :D

I lived for this! I did nearly have to leave momentarily
for the bathroom/nose scene
. I still haven't seen Raw but I'm hoping its just as good as this.

Last edited:
This was one of the best films I've EVER SEEN. And a completely unique experience too. I can't think of a SINGLE FILM I'd even compare it to - a spectacular achievement considering how many films have been made in human history :D

I loved the swerve in narrative after the brutal first third, and the general themes of identity, loss, parenthood and sex were really pitched perfectly.

will put it in spoilers, but THIS SCENE was one of the most beautiful I've seen in a film in years. A perfect mixture of visuals and song:

Similarly THIS SCENE was burned into my brain as soon as it happened. Absolutely iconic:

DESPERATELY want to see it again tbh! 27/10

Was I the only one who thought she was going to give birth to an actual car at the end?

Yes!

Enjoyed this one last night. Going to look out for ‘Raw’ now by the same director. Anyone seen that?

Yes!

Enjoyed this one last night. Going to look out for ‘Raw’ now by the same director. Anyone seen that?
I found Raw much better and more accessible than this. It also has a lot of gross-out moments but it's not as ridiculous. Titane was just too absurd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom