Tyre Nichols Police Murder Case

cwej

User
Man this is horrible (again). I wasn't sure if it warranted a new thread but it's really struck me watching those videos last night.

But I just have a controversial(Is it controversial? I don't know?) view here... Why does it take a case of 5 black officers killing a black man before this seems to be taken seriously without question. When the officers are all white it seems there is a lot more resistance and 'the police are only doing their job' from the public. When it's 5 black officers they are locked up for murder, virtually without question.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be - I hope they are put away for a long time. But I am uncomfortable with how different these guys seem to be being treated compared to white officers who do similar.

It's fucking sickening what human beings will do to another human being. I have to admit I've been unable to watch past about two minutes of the second clip. The lad is already cuffed and on the floor when the fat fuck officer runs in and boots him in the head, nearly falling over because he kicked so hard! Then they all have a good kick and next they're holding him up to beat him with staves and fists! They deserve a quick sit in Old Smokey.

I'm not uncomfortable with how they've been treated, anybody doing this to another person should be locked up regardless what colour their skin is! That it doesn't happen to white cops who do the same is just an indictment of the US justice system and the inherent racism they seem to enjoy.

To me it's the fact that there's 5 officers involved and none of them stood down from beating an unarmed man to death. Not "a bad apple" situation. The police department needs to take more action than just firing the 5 involved, clearly it's a systemic issue in that dept.

I found this so shocking, perhaps naively I hadn't realised how bad the police out are there :(

Yeah don't get me wrong - they need locking up obviously. (For a long time). I'm not uncomfortable that THEY are being treated this way - I just wish white officers who did it were treated the same.

And now 3 fire officers fired too for not responding adequately. Finally it seems like they're happy to do this properly.

Could barely watch the footages. What a tragedy. And apparently when they intially published the photos of the cops, they only published the faces of the 4 Black cops but not of the 1 CAUCASIAN cop.

Could barely watch the footages. What a tragedy. And apparently when they intially published the photos of the cops, they only published the faces of the 4 Black cops but not of the 1 CAUCASIAN cop.

It was 5 black cops charged with murder.

Two others have been fired (one of whom was white) but not charged with murder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom