UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

I love Tory on Tory violence.

Someone find out who the QoL is shouting YOURE FINISHED at the end :D

It actually didn't occur to me that the biggest opposition to the lockdown he'll face is from his own party.

Maybe he didn't think this through. He's about to be attacked from every corner of parliament.

Not really enough

BBC News - Allegra Stratton quits as government adviser

I'm enraged about this. I don't care about her. But the scapegoat aspect is so blatant. He truly believes he can drag her into his office, force her to resign, and it'll all be fine now thanksverymuch.

The word hypocrisy is just not a strong enough word for the likes of him.

Someone is playing very loud music on or near Downing Street. I can't quite hear what it is.

Was that the one with square steering wheel?

Not all of them, but apparently some of them did

1638980783626.png

Ah yes the time Allegra stuck the knife into a working mother who recieved benefits that she was entitled to, to cover a third of her rent due to the high costs in London!

But Allegra failed to mention that and presented her as a some scrounger on benefits making a ‘lifestyle choice’. Absolutely foul.

The Guardian are suggesting the government will announce for people to go back to home working where possible, and maybe extending the vaccine passport to more venues.

So basically England moving into line with what the rest of us have been doing for ages.

The level of compliance if/when they do impose further restrictions is going to be so fucking low. I imagine there'll be a sizeable dip in booster shots as well, let alone winning around any people who are still vaccine hesitant.

He's completely and utterly fucked it.

I just can't imagine this is the flawless distraction he thinks it is... like, aren't most people who can work from home working from home anyway? The only people this will impact are all those people in his own party with big stakes in office rentals.

When is he going to prison?

I'm playing When You Believe on repeat and speaking it into existence.

Like, Boris, you've pissed everyone else off already, don't get KIRSTIE ALLSOPP mad at you too.

To be fair I've noticed a slight uptick in mask-wearing since that legislation was brought back in.

Work from home if you can - fine - same as the start of lockdown the "if you can" can be bent any way.

Covid passports? Again fine, it'll probably be at the business owners behest mostly anyway.

So I think compliance won't technically be zilch, but will we see a difference? Nah.

There's a few fairly rational folk on good old social measure FB saying they have no interest in listening to his instructions anymore. His timing is appalling. We need Jackie Weaver to point out that he has NO AUTHORITY HERE.

It's the new Brexit innit? The nation is now completely polarised between the people who understand the importance of mask wearing/distancing/booster jabs and those who reject it. Now that the Tories have thrown a gallon of fuel onto the denialism fire there's no way it's going to calm down.

The key difference of course is that the Tories themselves are stuck on the opposing side of the argument, in that they at least acknowledge COVID exists and are the ones having to set these restrictions. What that means in terms of how people vote going forward is anyone's guess.

Reactions: COB
Side note: I'm kind of amazed Boris is actually showing up to this press conference today if it's 'just' to bring us into line with Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Maybe Sajid, Rishi etc are flatly refusing to fill in for him.

A press conference at 6pm? Aren't they normally at 5pm? I am sure it is just coincidence that it is during the main news bulletin of the day :eyes:

Side note: I'm kind of amazed Boris is actually showing up to this press conference today if it's 'just' to bring us into line with Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Maybe Sajid, Rishi etc are flatly refusing to fill in for him.
Javid was apparently due to do the rounds on morning TV today to mark one year since the start of the vaccination programme, but cancelled very late last night. I suppose they didn't want to make people think back to last December too much :eyes:

£2.6m spent on that press room and they couldn’t even order a presentation clicker for Whitty and Vallance.

• Sad
Reactions: COB
Ooh, questions from the public - I hope they've accidentally let through some ROGUES

Heavily filtered public no doubt

He loves this room because he can mostly control the narrative

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom