United Kingdom 2023: Mae Muller - I Wrote a Song

How will it do?

• Total voters
Seeing Beverley Knight fall from #10 to #39 in the final chart may give some indication of where Mae would have ended up without that discounting and social media blitz.

The charts are garbage and I have no problem with any of our faves leaning into gerrymandering - if you’re not a fave of the biggest streaming playlists then you’re already facing an uphill struggle.

Although... :D

I'm assuming that figure of 487m includes the 440m that Better Days alone has accrued over the last two years, the 20m or so apiece that I Wrote A Song and Feels This Good have, add another 1.5m for Me, Myself and I, and that leaves 5.5m for all the remaining tracks.

For an album that lacked a hit single, the Ava album looks to be one of the genuine successes on there. :D

Mae is only the fourth contestant to represent the United Kingdom at Eurovision in the 21st century, to achieve a UK Top 40 album following the competition

Mae is only the fourth contestant to represent the United Kingdom at Eurovision in the 21st century, to achieve a UK Top 40 album following the competition
R Sam
R Mae
Blue
Engelbert?

Can’t wait for her to demolish the BRIT Awards :disco:

Not entirely sure what she’s saying here (it SCREAMED ‘parted ways with the label’ initially but doesn’t say that outright)

Anyway best of luck to her and hope she wins CBB

"The pressure of chasing hits...caused me to make decisions which didn't sit well in my gut personally or creatively"

00h26Sj_d.webp

Should Olly Alexander's label save us all some time and drop him now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom