United Kingdom 2024: Olly Alexander - Dizzy

Left you Dizzy?

• Total voters
Given he's already an established recording artist with a profile here, you would expect him to be higher out of the gates than anyone else we've sent though, surely?

Not trying to piss on the chips by the way, I'm happy if it's doing well for him.

Last edited:
Sam’s song was out on streaming for a couple of weeks before the announcement so probably not comparable.

Not that it means anything of course, apart from the ones that really break out streaming wise I suppose.

I guess we'll get our first impression of how this is going to sound live tomorrow. Let's hope we're not all hiding behind the sofa.

And Mae hit 2m on day 12, if anyone is keen to continue comparing.
Not sure if you have this to hand @lolly but was Mae quick out the gate with radio? I know she number one on airplay the week of Eurovision.

No idea sorry, unless someone has posted updates in her thread last year.

With the ONE SHOW promo he will be getting millions and zillions of streams surely!

Not sure if you have this to hand @lolly but was Mae quick out the gate with radio? I know she number one on airplay the week of Eurovision.
Not particularly; she charted at 60 on 10th March, climbed to 17 and then dropped back to 31 and then 41 before climbing again in the lead up to Eurovision

That first perfomance sounds absolutely but Vevo are quite heavy handed with their pre-recorded vocals so i'll reserve judgement until we've heard it on Saturday.

Shitty that it didn't debut in the top 40 though

Perhaps but Dizzy is the better song

Despite superficial geolocational dating app profile stat and bpm similarities, I believe they are fundamentally shooting for different audiences. This is pitching for the Gustaph vote, whereas Marcus & Martinus are pitching for the Notes on a Scandal vote

(omg just remembered Gustaph received more points from the UK televote than Tattoo again :disco:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom