Veganism is a protected philosophical belief

I see they are not happy with the McDonalds vegan dippers though because they’ve got VEGETABLES in :shock:

I like watching him get angry about things like pastys and bread, the fucking idiot. I hope he has a stroke one day mashing his keyboard.

I just want him outed as a nonce. There's a skeleton of some sort in his cupboard, I just want to know what it is. Maybe he hates vegans because it's bad for farmers and he bums sheep...

I had the KFC Vegan burger for lunch.

It was alright.

same! Yeah it was fine. I’ve had better though at home from the frozen section of the supermarket. Shame the fries are non vegetarian though due to being cooked in the same oil as the popcorn chicken.

I also had a vegan steak bake from Greggs earlier. That was nicer!

All these vegan meat substitutes are weird. What are the made of? Almost everything I look at seems to just be a conglomerate of mashed up mushrooms and other fungi. I could never go veggie just for the abundance of fucking mushrooms.

Y'see, I don't like mushrooms which is probably why I didn't get on with Quorn which is essentially mashed up mushrooms.

I'd been MEANING to try that this week but there's also the BK Vegan Whooper and I can't allow myself TOO MANY TREATS in the same week :disco:

I had the BK Vegan Whopper in America and if it's the same, FUCK ME, it's a CORKER :disco:

Oh, but be careful if you are vegetarian- I read that they cook them on the same grill as the meat :manson:

Aye, and the chips get fried in the same fat as the chicken dippers as well.

I’m astonished they’ve gotten away with it for so long. It’s pretty appalling.

Seriously? Is this true? This actually horrifies me if so especially the chips.

I’m pretty sure vegetarian/vegans wouldn’t go to places like KFC and Burger King to eat anyway and them cooking the products in the same place just proves they aren’t actually trying to get vegans on board. More so people who are trying to cut down on meat which is fair enough but DONT SAY ITS VEGAN

Last edited:
Lack of sleep has sent me down a Twitter hole and Burger King are at pains to say they aren't labelling the Rebel Burger as vegan or vegetarian. Shame they aren't equally making the same effort in their advertising to acknowledge that however 'plant based' it is, it still contains meat juice.

I think I'll nominate both Burger King and Dan Wootton for Cunt of the month in January, either way.

I strongly suspect that Burger King aren't the only ones doing this. I've seen a lot of advertisement for 'plant-based' ranges that don't actually say that the product is vegetarian/vegan, which I assume means that it isn't.

I strongly suspect that Burger King aren't the only ones doing this. I've seen a lot of advertisement for 'plant-based' ranges that don't actually say that the product is vegetarian/vegan, which I assume means that it isn't.

Absolutely. But it’s still disgraceful. It’s a simple pre-requisite to cooking vegan/ veggie food.

In other news, I am going to try to switch to natural soya yogurt for my breakfast, rather than the dairy version. I’ll never be full vegan but I’m quite liking chipping away at the odd thing where possible...

Absolutely. But it’s still disgraceful. It’s a simple pre-requisite to cooking vegan/ veggie food.

Is it? The hardcore vegans aren't going to eat at meat based chains anyway, and I've seen plenty getting on their high horse about it, but for many eating no/less meat is more a lifestyle choice for environmental reasons. Whether its been flipped with a spatula that's touched a dead cow isn't likely to be a deciding factor.

I didn’t even know Burger King still existed, I’ve not seen one in about TWENTY YEARS.

Is it? The hardcore vegans aren't going to eat at meat based chains anyway, and I've seen plenty getting on their high horse about it, but for many eating no/less meat is more a lifestyle choice for environmental reasons. Whether its been flipped with a spatula that's touched a dead cow isn't likely to be a deciding factor.

This is what I'm thinking - or at least what I think Burger King are thinking. They know that hardcore vegans are a lost cause on the whole, and so this isn't aimed at them, but the ever increasing group of people who aren't vegan or veggie, but who are just trying to eat less meat. And isn't that pretty much everyone? Almost every person I've had the conversation with who eats meat has said how they are eating less. It's about giving those people choice.

So while I have every sympathy with vegans and veges who are pissed off with this and hoped to have a fast food option, I think essentially BK gave you the middle finger years ago and aren't bothered how much you tweet.

Last edited:
Good on Dan Wootton though, defending all those poor Hollywood A LIster carnivores at the Golden Globes. I mean I assume he didn't get an invite personally.

I don't understand the concept of a vegan meal in Burger King, IN BURGER KING! What's next, a brothel in the Vatican?
No real vegan would go there to have lunch, so I don't see why they'd use another grill.

It's more societal pressures - picture it: you're young, you're just out of the cinema w/ yer pals and someone says "let's go to Burger King" - you don't want to be the one that goes "guys we can't go there cos I'm vegan now", you want to be able to go "cool, I can have the vegan burger". That's why it's a middle finger; it's saying - "there's money to be made from plant-based stuff but you lot can still fuck off. Go cry into your almond milk".

I believe they have a bean burger which is cooked on a different grill. The problem seems to be that their marketing isn't sufficiently clear that this isn't supposed to be a vegan option. I would absolutely have a plant based burger patty with my bacon cheeseburger if they offered it.

I believe they have a bean burger which is cooked on a different grill. The problem seems to be that their marketing isn't sufficiently clear that this isn't supposed to be a vegan option. I would absolutely have a plant based burger patty with my bacon cheeseburger if they offered it.
The marketing is disingenuous at best (although I guess that's the whole industry, really). I mean it doesn't state it's vegetarian or vegan, but it does state '100% Whopper, no beef'. It's not REALLY 'no beef' if it has beef juice, is it? Or perhaps legally it is?

Oh that’s absolutely true, but I know plenty of vegetarians who would eat at a fast food restaurant but wouldn’t want their food to be tainted with meat products. My point is that, in this day and age, it’s ridiculous that a company the size of BK is selling vegetarian products with this still happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom