Veganuary 2023

People go vegan or vegetarian for many different reasons. For me it was animal cruelty. Not health. If it came down to it I would eat non-animal processed foods over any foods containing animal products. I eat a balanced diet, there’s nothing wrong with some processed foods now and then.
I generally think very few people go vegan for their health tbf. Vegetarian food is healthy. Vegan food exists to counter FOMO.

I generally think very few people go vegan for their health tbf. Vegetarian food is healthy. Vegan food exists to counter FOMO.

Hold on, @Eddie is one of those weird GAMMONS who posts on Facebook vegan related advertisements with "BUT IT DON'T TASTE LIKE BACON, DOES IT?" at every opportunity and gets riled at the merest mention of seitan, isn't he?

Still gonna eat Mini Kievs by the bucketful, sorry everyone :(

*dies of dysentery*

Hold on, @COB is one of those weird GAMMONS who posts on Facebook vegan related advertisements with "BUT IT DON'T TASTE LIKE BACON, DOES IT?" at every opportunity and gets riled at the merest mention of seitan, isn't he?

• Haha
Reactions: COB
Hold on, @Sheena is one of those weird GAMMONS who posts on Facebook vegan related advertisements with "BUT IT DON'T TASTE LIKE BACON, DOES IT?" at every opportunity and gets riled at the merest mention of seitan, isn't he? :tongueout:

Hold on, @Eddie is one of those weird GAMMONS who posts on Facebook vegan related advertisements with "BUT IT DON'T TASTE LIKE BACON, DOES IT?" at every opportunity and gets riled at the merest mention of seitan, isn't he?
:D Actually, no. I am just quietly frustrated about it.

Doesn’t mean I don’t fall for all the marketing - I’m much like you actually in that I couldn’t live on vegetables and pulses alone. I’ve tried most meat alternatives.

@Eddie vegan food CAN be healthy. Vegetarian food IS vegan food with the exception of dairy. I find your tone a bit preachy to be honest.
Vegan food IS vegetarian morelike. Veganism is a new concept. I have no qualms with it - it is a personal choice after all.

Well, dairy and eggs and honey…
And the numerous other products that don’t openly advertise the fact that they are not vegan friendly (red wine and most toothpastes are just two common examples)

And the numerous other products that don’t openly advertise the fact that they are not vegan friendly (red wine and most toothpastes are just two common examples)

Well yes, but the problematic ingredients/ methods in both of those are still derived from meat products...

That’s my point. It is far more difficult being authentically vegan than most people think.

Fuck me! I cooked Philly cheesesteaks using the Squeaky Bean Chargrilled Steak Strips (but I used regular cheddar). They were sensational. BEST VEGAN ALTERNATIVE YET!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom