Westworld (HBO)

It is slow, but not particularly a BAD thing, but does this have the legs to run FIVE seasons without doing a Lost? There only seems to be one storyline here, the robots gaining consciousness and revolting (plus some mysterious corporate episonage but WHO CARES) It's gonna need some major filler just to make it to three seasons, but I suppose with the sheer cost of this first season and the hype they're going to want to milk the robotic tweets dry.

I keep reading about how Maeve's walk was an incredible scene, but I must be missing something - how the hell did no-one else spot her, especially wearing all her Western get-up? I can't imagine it's normal for the hosts to wander around the floors, and yet she walked past loads of glass-walled rooms with no-one batting an eyelid.

That's one of these things that I don't think about anymore, the whole place is just one open space yet everyone acts as if no one can see them.

How amazing the use of Radiohead was in that scene - I still think this a B show at best however its these moments that keep me coming back

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fqDKk55MsJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It needs to end on a bang if they want to sustain interest. Something like an episode 9 of Game of Thrones.

I can't say that MAEVE FACILITY TOUR had my fanny gushing

some of the real people actually being hosts controlled by Ford would be a nice twist

I loved all of Maeve's scenes, but yes, how the hell did no one see her, AND also, a robot or not, she lives in what age, early 20th century? She should be very cautious of all the electronics, the escalators etc but instead she's dealing with all of it as if she was used to it.

But they already had her bulk apperception at 14 so it doesn't strike me being too odd that she would be at ease with it all once it was explained to her. The not being seen bit would be more of an issue. But I'm willing to go with it because it doesn't seem too out of the ordinary to expect that they have to move them around from time to time.

A bigger plot hole would be that no one's suspicious that she keeps getting herself killed, even encouraging people to kill her!

But I'm letting that go for now.

Fuck me what an episode.

I'll refrain from saying more until everyone has watched the episode.

Last edited:
The new mixed race corporate executive woman is dreadful, as awfully written as UK guy. But it's a rare misstep.

Poor Miranda Otto, that's twice in the last year she's been done in by a beardy man in glasses she's been shagging.

So do we think she's coming back as a host next week or is it bye bye?

Also I love everything with Thandie and the two cats. Not too fond of Dolores and William.

Last edited:
I hope it's not just a token love story. it seems that Dolores is some sort of key though to the WORLD of ARNOLD

and yes, she is bound to come back, she's too important in the scheme to just slip out

Could Ben Barnes be a young Anthony Hopkins and Jimmi Simpson Arnold?

After last night I'm wondering if it could be the other way around, or rather BB MiB.

Inspired use of Back To Black as well

Last edited:
That WAS Back To Black wasn't it? :disco:

Thandie is everything, but apart from that I don't think I understand anything anymore.

I think they more or less confirmed the two timelines thing now with the hostess thing and the story about the wife. I just can't remember where Dolores went in the future if what we're watching is the past.

I'm going to miss Sidse, she went out with a bang but I really enjoyed her. Also I hope Elsie will get a better ending than just a flashback.

Do you mean who Arnold is/was?

I saw another thread where someone had watched episode 1 back and during Arnold's sit down conversations with Delores he was dressed in a particular way compared to how he's dressed in later scenes.

Also, the revelation of who killed Arnold, does that mean Arnold was once human?

From what I understand, Arnold was alive but then Ford got Dolores to kill him somehow in that village that got buried and is now uncovered by Ford again. He then built Bernard in his image.

tv shows are so confusing these days. problem is i barely care about this one anymore but that's probably down to always watching it with a friend who hates it :D

Well at least we got that lovey shot of Jeffery Wright's butt

Well at least we got that lovey shot of Jeffery Wright's butt

all those nude fit hosts sitting around and not a single dick slip :evil:

anyone who thinks Ed Harris is actually
WILLIAM? :o

I'm still a bit confused by things, like when Jeffrey Wright talks to Delores does that always happen when she's asleep/off line and how is he physically with her?

This makes sense now - IT ALL HAPPENED IN THE PAST!

I want to say OMG :o but I can't even remember who
is.

[emoji23]

was just gonna say.

you can be convuluted or be set in the godawful wild west and have really awful costumes. you can't be both, my system rejects it.

Every week I am in a state of fresh shock over the fact that Thandie Newton is not only WORKING but also quite clearly THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS AMAZING SHOW!

Her lines are all clearly written separately from the rest of the script, by a gay quote generating machine which spits out "You don't wanna FUCK with ME, DARLING!" on the regular. :disco: she is incredible.

[emoji23]

was just gonna say.

you can be convuluted or be set in the godawful wild west and have really awful costumes. you can't be both, my system rejects it.

I know, the wild west was the first obstacle I had to overcome with this show.

anyone who thinks Ed Harris is actually

Everyone on the internet from about episode 2.

There's been so much internet speculation about the twists and nearly everything predicted has come true. It's my own fault for reading up on the fan theories as none of the reveals have been that shocking any more.

Well that was very good and answered a lot of questions although still confused about some things. Did Arnold/Bernard plot Maeve's escape? I got the impression that he didn't but who else could have done it?

Thandie and Evan really do merit some award recognition over the next couple of months, although Thandie will no doubt do the red carpet even if she's snubbed.

One thing I really appreciated was how Thandie's character calls Arnold Burn-udd rather than Bun-ard, the way a proper Englishwoman wouid.

Fucking hell, that was a great finale! And just wow at the use of Exit Music. I was listening to the Westworld playlist on Spotify the other day and then went on to listen to OK Computer and wished they'd use Exit Music in Westworld and they did!! :disco:

I didn't like the idea that Mats suggested above and was disappointed when it turned out to be true but from then the whole story seemed to develope in the right, most natural direction.

By the way, did you see the part with the tattooed girl after the credits? I saw it by accident because I didn't shut down right after the credits started. Is this something they do after every episode?

By the way, did you see the part with the tattooed girl after the credits? I saw it by accident because I didn't shut down right after the credits started. Is this something they do after every episode?

what she do?

It really was fabulous how everything came together, I'd loved to have seen MORE of the robot massacre however, although I'm sure we saw enough RELENTLESS murder with Maeve's escape. Apparently this whole season has basically been a setup to the rest of the series, who's full scope we haven't touched the surface of yet, although rather IRRITATINNGLY they're not releasing series two till 2018.

I was really confused by Maeve's story by the end until I heard an explanation on a podcast. I wish I didn't have to do so much work to follow the plot.

Best thing about it now (other than all the great acting) is that the soundtrack is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom