What the hell is going on with "Grey's Anatomy"?

Spoilers ahead -

I've just been downloading some of the newer episodes... what the fuck is this shit with Izzy and the dead boyfriend hallucinations? AWFULTASTICA :gross:

I watched the first season, then i lost interest, i find it tedious now

What happened to the spin off show ?

I've sort of given up on it. Loved the first three seasons but just can't be arsed with season 4, especially without Addison or Burke. Plus the fact that the longer the show went on, the more I grew to HATE Meredith makes it unlikely I'll go back to watching it.

The chinese woman doctor in it reminds me of the girl from Jackos BLACK OR WHITE video at the end when they all morph singing "its black, its white"

It's gone a bit rubbish, admittedly.

There seems to be a bit of a revolving door with the cast at the moment - it was good when it was centered around the five interns, but once they got interns and other characters came in, there was too little airtime for them all, and now you get the main characters (George, for example) who are hardly in it at all, whereas Lexie Grey and her faceless intern chums get more to do.

The Izzie stuff this series is, hopefully, going to build up to something quite interesting, though at the moment has shades of "ER does The Ghost Whisperer".

SPOILER
The storyline on the deceased Denny Duquette who re-appears in the fifth season of "Grey's Anatomy" and even had an intercourse with Dr. Izzie Stevens may not be as supernatural or as ridiculous as it sounds. In a press tour, ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson defends the plot to have a reasonable ending that is actually "insightful and smart".

"(Denny) is not a ghost, which you will learn," McPherson said. "I actually think when you get to the end of the season and you see everything she had in mind, it might not be your cup of tea, but I think you'll be surprised at how insightful and smart that storyline itself is in terms of the dynamics it's creating for the characters involved and where we end up with those characters at the end."

He added, "The viewers will be the judge. That's the good and the bad about this business. I think shows ebb and flow. And when you talk about long-term serialized dramas, you're going to have some stuff that people don't respond to."

Denny Duquette, played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, appeared for the first time as a patient with a heart problem. He and Izzie developed a bond that ended up with an engagement. A heart transplant surgery for him did not succeed and resulted in his death at the end of the 2005-06 season

Last edited:
The thing with Denny is becoming really annoying I mean if she insisted on a better story and that is the best she got then she really should leave the show. Also the new intern who is supposed to be Meredith's friend is so annoying with her accent.
Oh and I thought the guy who played George asked to be written out aswell since he wasn't happy with the screen time.

Frozen - the spoiler still doesn't say what it is that will happen! There were theories I remember about Izzy having a brain tumour and thus seeing the hallucinations but apparently that's not true.

And also I hear that Catherine Heigl is not happy with the way the story is unfolding.

And also I hear that Catherine Heigl is not happy with the way the story is unfolding.
...Which is quite ironic given the whole intention was to give her something major to do this season after her little Emmy's outburst last year.

No surprise

The ongoing soap opera concerning Grey's Anatomy stars Katherine Heigl and T.R. Knight and their uncertain futures took another crazy turn today when their co-star, James Pickens, Jr., commented that both of them are indeed leaving the show.

"Yes, she is," Pickens said when asked if the former Emmy winner was checking out of Seattle Grace. "Wherever Katherine goes, I wish her nothing but the best."

And what about T.R. Knight? "He's going too," Pickens, who plays Dr. Richard Webber, Chief of Surgery, said. "He just wanted to pursue other career paths."

ABC isn't commenting, but according to Entertainment Weekly, sources close to the situation have said regarding Pickens' comments, he may have jumped the gun.

While it's true Heigl and Knight want out, ABC execs have yet to officially issue the actors - who are under contract for six seasons - any Get Out of Jail Free cards.

However, all indications are that it will happen. The only question is when.

"Right now, the whole thing is in the hands of their agents and ABC's lawyers," explains a Grey's Anatomy insider. "Something will probably be worked out soon."

I wish they'd just either go or stay put, the constant speculation is doing nothing for the show (and it's hardly to the show's credibility when two of the original core actors want out, due to the increasingly ridiculous nature of the show, I presume).

I'm really not sure the producers will be able to pull the show through this patch, the revolving door of cast members, the increasingly ridiculous plots, the fact that the premise of the show was really ever only going to stretch for three seasons anyway. I reckon season seven could be the last...

Well TR is hardly in it anymore, in the last few episodes I think he's done like one or two scenes. Izzie's story is dragging aswell and makes no sense at all.

I think they should get Addisson back and just get rid of the two.

It's quite ridiculous how sidelined George has been to the plots recently. The transition to bring in a new group of interns really flopped since the only one they bothered to develop properly was Lexie. Yet they still get more screentime than some of the characters who've been in it since the start.

Private Practice is much better than this lately! Nice to see the linkages between Greys and PP in the last U.S. episode too!!

The crossover was great, I enjoyed last nights episode. I still need to catch the second part on Private Practice. They desperatly need to get Addisson back, the dynamic was great.

I have to say between the three shows I watch (Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and Heroes) this has been the most entertaining and fun to watch.

It's gotten much much better. I'm on episode 19 now and it's all unfolding nicely.

Sidebar: the Suedehead tags are really unfunny at this point.

I watched episode 11 last night, I'm on a mission to catch up now. The Meredith/Cristina fight at least shakes things up a bit (I've long forgotten what they actually fell out about) but the Izzie/Denny storyline is still quite ridiculous.

It will continue to pick up. The last three ones I watched (17-19) have all been great.

Last edited:
Ellen Pompeo has confirmed she's pregnant, along with Chyler Leigh who has been filming during pregnancy since hers wasn't written into the script. No word on whether Meredith will be expecting, but the show looks like it'll have to cope without BOTH Grey sisters for the forseeable...

Last edited:
Suedehead (or anyone), are you still watching this? I have been tearful at the past three or so episodes, the 100th was lovely. I am quite anxious to see exactly what they're going to do to Katherine Heigl in the two hour finale.

After the impromptu wedding, I actually think it'd be a cop out for her not to die.

I just watched the 100th episode - absolutely lovely.

I have a feeling it'll actually go the other way if you get my drift. It all depends on whether Heigl has renewed her contract really..

Everyone is being very tight-lipped over the status of contracts...I suppose it's in their best interests (rightly so) to regain control of the situation and leave the fate of Izzie and George in the hands of the producers, rather than have either actor announce they're leaving.

The final Alex/Izzie scene of the last episode really got me (I'd been waiting for a hair loss reveal all episode, but when it came it was still a bit of a shock). I've almost completely changed my opinion on how the series has panned out in retrospect...but the next episode will probably be the clincher.

You're probably right, I don't think they'd want to lose Heigl, but everything so far, particularly the past four or five episodes has suggested Izzie will die. If she doesn't, I worry it'll feel like the story was nothing more than to pander to Heigl's ego.

I haven't seen the full episodes yet, but I couldn't resist watching the final five minutes. I love the complete homage to season 2, it's unsurprising then that from comments I've read, many are saying it's the best finale since then.

I've just watched both episodes fully and I'd say this is easily on a par with the season two finale, perhaps even a little better.

Putting the main George and Izzie cliffhangers aside, I love what they've done to Meredith this season. Perhaps she's been watered down, but I was tiring of the manic depressive episodes that ran predominantly through the first three seasons, I like that they've shifted both her and Kristina into more rounded characters and it's genuinely nice to watch them.

Taking my lead from most other online discussions about the episode, I'm tempted to believe that the elevator was symbolic of Izzie's ascent to heaven, but she didn't step out, so there is every chance that she could be saved next season. George on the other hand was already there when the door opened, so is very probably dead.

I just watched the finale (damn all the shows ending in the same week is becoming hectic) and I really loved the way they left it hanging. The George thing was surprising, I was expecting it to be Meredith's dad and was shocked at the reveal.

I hope they get rid of George next season he became redundant a while ago. I have to say this has been one of the best shows this season after I thought it was doomed they really picked up the pace.

I just watched the finale (damn all the shows ending in the same week is becoming hectic) and I really loved the way they left it hanging. The George thing was surprising, I was expecting it to be Meredith's dad and was shocked at the reveal.

I hope they get rid of George next season he became redundant a while ago. I have to say this has been one of the best shows this season after I thought it was doomed they really picked up the pace.

I totally agree! I've just watched the whole series in a couple of days, after not having bothered with the show since I became completely fed up with the AWFUL fourth season. However, I am totally on board again now, the finale was AMAZING and the whole season was up there with season 2.

Spoiler:
Apparently Izzie is coming back and TR Knight's contract has been terminated.

Just saw the finale tonight...my GOD. This has been the only show that has had me in tears on a regular basis and tonight was no exception. Totally wasn't expecting the twist with George (though I was thinking "bloody hell, his final episode and he's hardly even in it!") but for there then to be a double whammy...those final 15 minutes were outstanding. This season has annoyed me a bit at times but it picked itself back up again BIG style.

BTW, which was the 100th episode? Was it the one with the wedding?

Yes, the 100th episode was Izzie and Alex's wedding.

I miss this show, 'Private Practice' just doesn't do it for me in the same way despite featuring my favourite Grey's-related character.

The whole interview is very good actually, and I like how Ellen Pompeo basically fully acknowledges that Grey's Anatomy has been shit for years :D

I've never seen a single episode of Grey's but really want to start. Google suggests I can only watch it on Disney plus which I don't have 😭

Is it not on Netflix?!

I get so confused when people say they can't watch something because they don't 'have' a certain streamer. JUST GET IT THEN.

It's not like the olden days when a man would have to come round and fit a dish to your house. It's a month long contract for the price of a Wetherspoons breakfast and you can dip out of another streamer for the same period if needs be. What is the issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom