What the hell is going on with "Grey's Anatomy"?

I get so confused when people say they can't watch something because they don't 'have' a certain streamer. JUST GET IT THEN.

It's not like the olden days when a man would have to come round and fit a dish to your house. It's a month long contract for the price of a Wetherspoons breakfast and you can dip out of another streamer for the same period if needs be. What is the issue
I already pay for Netflix, Hayu, Sky and Prime. I refuse to pay for anything else!!

I understand, but seriously ditch HayU. I mean WHY?
Literally just to watch the latest episodes of Below Deck, because naturally they can't put them on Netflix.

Once we've caught up it'll be gone.

I get so confused when people say they can't watch something because they don't 'have' a certain streamer. JUST GET IT THEN.

It's not like the olden days when a man would have to come round and fit a dish to your house. It's a month long contract for the price of a Wetherspoons breakfast and you can dip out of another streamer for the same period if needs be. What is the issue
I'm increasingly coming around to the idea that none of them need be ongoing subscriptions. Just subscribe to one or two a month, blitz what you want, cancel subscription and move on to the next. I could probably save a couple of hundred quid a year if I'd only do it rather than think about it.

Last edited:
I'm increasingly coming around to the idea that none of them need be ongoing subscriptions. Just subscribe to one or two a month, blitz what you want, cancel subscription and move on to the next. I could probably safe a couple of hundred quid a year if I'd only do it rather than think about it.
I feel like I theory that's a good idea, but to blitz through all of Grey's id have to not leave my home for months. I barely watch TV at the moment .

I must say it’s always been one series of like to properly binge at some point. I’ve seen earlier episodes here and there and always enjoyed them.

Also this was a really great interview/chat I saw the other day:

I must say it’s always been one series of like to properly binge at some point. I’ve seen earlier episodes here and there and always enjoyed them.

Also this was a really great interview/chat I saw the other day:

I've never been interested in it really, but clips keep coming up on Tiktok and now I'm hooked!

I feel like I theory that's a good idea, but to blitz through all of Grey's id have to not leave my home for months. I barely watch TV at the moment .
Then you don't really need all the others, do you?

I watch significantly less TV than Mr L, but we have all the streaming subscriptions because of me. He knows exactly what he wants to watch, and it's all in the Sky planner. But I can never decide what to watch (other than the relatively few shows we watch together), so we have multiple subscriptions just in case I may want to watch something on them. Even though, as I've said before, the paradox of choice usually paralyses me, I get anxious because of all the possibilities of new shows I could watch, so end up watching some comedy I've seen multiple times on iPlayer, Dave or whatever UKGold is calling itself these days.

I watch significantly less TV than Mr L, but we have all the streaming subscriptions because of me. He knows exactly what he wants to watch, and it's all in the Sky planner. But I can never decide what to watch (other than the relatively few shows we watch together), so we have multiple subscriptions just in case I may want to watch something on them. Even though, as I've said before, the paradox of choice usually paralyses me, I get anxious because of all the possibilities of new shows I could watch, so end up watching some comedy I've seen multiple times on iPlayer, Dave or whatever UKGold is calling itself these days.
I’ve started just randomly choosing stuff on PlutoTV, that has endless loops of Married With Children, Family Ties and Baywatch :shy:

I’ve started just randomly choosing stuff on PlutoTV, that has endless loops of Married With Children, Family Ties and Baywatch :shy:
Oh yes, I've discovered the joys of PlutoTV and Married With Children :D

Well I don't want to ditch Netflix because...well it's Netflix. And I do use it. And Prime I keep just for the free postage. Hayu is just while we watch Below Deck.

I am finding less and less worth watching on Netflix so that may go soon. I'd like to ditch Prime really.

How many people would subscribe to Prime JUST for the TV? I imagine it's a fraction of the people who have it, even if it was a third of the price. And I bet the vast majority have it as a 'perk' of paying for 'free' postage on your shopping. I bet hardly anyone sees the free postage as a benefit of the TV subscription.

Although, I'm forgetting Australian Survivor.

How many people would subscribe to Prime JUST for the TV? I imagine it's a fraction of the people who have it, even if it was a third of the price. And I bet the vast majority have it as a 'perk' of paying for 'free' postage on your shopping. I bet hardly anyone sees the free postage as a benefit of the TV subscription.
I can really imagine them separating the two sometime in the next few years, or creating a two-tier option to pay more it you want both.

I do like Prime Video as it has a lot on it and a better selection of classic movies, but the interface and browsing is even more dreadful than Netflix. I totally understand that Amazon has a webstore too which makes things more complicated, but showing a mixture of Prime Video content and things you have to pay for should not be the default. It gets very annoying when things are on your watchlist and switch from being free one moment and not the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom