Which was the first Melodifestivalen you followed live?

Penelope

striking, unique, đ˜Čđ˜¶đ˜Šđ˜Šđ˜ł
Pronouns
Any
And do share CHERISHED MEMORIES/DISASTERS/MOMENTS THAT MADE YOU A LIFER of course :disco:

2005. With Alcazar’s “Alcastar” as the opening entry. :disco:

I'd become aware of it via Moopy in the previous years, but I was a little cynical that there was much value in exploring songs that 'weren't good enough for Eurovision'.

Then @Suomi sent me the advance leaks of Samba Sambero and I was IN.

2012, starting from Semi-Final 2: the indignity of David Lindgren going to Final while Timoteij were banished to AC to languish towards doom. :(

Also Mimi Oh :disco:

2005 from the first SF.

2006 was a harsh comedown. Not being able to watch the semifinals live ("We're focusing our efforts on live-streaming the Olympics") and having to find out everything about the KALLA NÄTTER FIASCO ONLINE.

2005 from the first SF.

2006 was a harsh comedown. Not being able to watch the semifinals live ("We're focusing our efforts on live-streaming the Olympics") and having to find out everything about the KALLA NÄTTER FIASCO ONLINE.

It was RADIO ALL THE WAY that year

It was RADIO ALL THE WAY that year

Y'know, oddly enough, I remember the semis being radio-only, but I have no recollection of following the finals that year - fair chance I didn't. I think I had my A Levels the week after and it was quite the foregone conclusion.

Was 2004 streamed live?

If I recall correctly, you could watch 2006 delayed a few(?) hours afterwards?

EDIT: Maybe just the final. It looks like the 2006 final was available to watch from 10PM UK time.

Ah, the 2000s. When a dodgy quality Windows Media video was considered luxury. I think it was in 2008-09, when SVTplay was established, with a far better quality. Also, DVDs were released back then.

Was 2004 streamed live?

If I recall correctly, you could watch 2006 delayed a few(?) hours afterwards?

EDIT: Maybe just the final. It looks like the 2006 final was available to watch from 10PM UK time.
I was trying to remember about 2004 myself but I honestly don’t know. I remember Toyah got me into it that year but I can’t remember if it was live or delayed at all.

I don’t remember watching semis, though, only the final.

2004 was indeed streamed live online, it was comparatively a better stream than most other national finals’ back then, some of which I really don’t know why we persevered with the endless buffering of!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom