Who will be the next PM? (déjà vu edition)

IF YOU CARE ENOUGH TO GUESS

• Total voters
Briefly PEN, and then Keir Starmer not too far down the line..

general election uk GIF by BBC

I voted Pen Pen last time and I think I'll stick to my guns. the Boris contingent hate Rishi too much to allow him in.

Penny - PM
Hunt - Chancellor
Teri - Home Sec (DON'T @ ME!)

Although I don’t want the country to be ruined any further hopefully someone who bumbles enough and can’t repair the voting damage done.

Last edited:
Boring Ben Wallace and his military credentials. The Tories love a bit of pointless arms spending.

I do think it's probably going to be PENPEN, which is fucking ridiculous, but I'm still throwing my weight behind SUELLA :disco:

I’ve already mentioned it before but I’m here for a couple of days of unhinged madness and catastrophe before another resignation. They can elect a ”good” one after that.

On the plus side, the membership will probably install the most useless possible candidate.

WHY would the membership be allowed to vote AGAIN

do they never learn?

Kemi Badenoch and Suella both 'expected to stand' :zombie:

At least they'd split each others vote - "Do I go for this swivel-eyed "culture wars" fascist or the other swivel-eyed "culture wars" fascist?"

WHY would the membership be allowed to vote AGAIN

do they never learn?

Because otherwise, even the light sheen of democracy is buggered. Just the MPs parachuting someone in looks terrible.

If Boris stands and enough MPs back him, the Tory membership would elect him in a landslide.

Ugh please not Boris!

I can see it happening, him returning as a national hero to save the party and the country and everyone will love him and suddenly the GDP will skyrocket and they will say Brexit was good and EU are pigs and we will never get back together. :(

Boris is still subject to an inquiry into whether he misled parliament. Bring him back and we have season 3 of Tory sleaze and drama.

Ugh please not Boris!

I can see it happening, him returning as a national hero to save the party and the country and everyone will love him and suddenly the GDP will skyrocket and they will say Brexit was good and EU are pigs and we will never get back together. :(
Idk how the system works in the UK, but is it impossible to run an election at this point so that the people can decide who runs the country next? It's a little farcical having had 2 Pms resign in a row.

so candidates will need 100 votes from MPs to make the threshold. which means a max of three will be in the mix. if 2 or more get 100+ votes it goes to a ballot of the members.

pretty sure Boris would storm a ballot of the members, so do the right rally behind him to make it happen?

It's very unlikely that 100 Tory MPs would back Boris. I reckon he'll hang back for now.

This seems like a very favourable field for Rishi Sunak, who could very conceivably be the only candidate to breach 100 and win outright without having to go to the membership.

Here’s (enemy of Moopy) Guido Fawkes’ tracker of declared MPs:

Every single Johnson backer is a cunt.

yeah... Boris is hitting 100 no doubt.

poor Pen Pen! so much for them using this time to find a unity candidate :D

I still don't think it will end up being Boris back in no.10, and even if it is then I fail to see how that will reverse their fortunes at all - just cement the shit they're in! I say bring it on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom