Will Young- Echoes

"There is nothing better than lying here together, staring out the bedroom window..."

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sheena

ROMANCE
His most recent and, for me, by far his best album, I only bought this after everyone banging on on Moopy about how good it was and liking the fourth single. It remains something I play regularly and hit me in a way none of his other albums did. And don't get me started on the videos for the singles. It tails off a bit towards the end, but only relatively considering the spectacular start.

ANYHOO

10 Jealousy
10 Come On
09 Lie Next To Me
11 I Just Want A Lover
10 Runaway
10 Outsider
10 Silent Valentine
10 Losing Myself
06 Personal Thunder
07 Hearts On Fire
08 Happy Now
08 Good Things
09 Safe From Harm

I keep seeing this going for ludicrously cheap in HMV (99p last time!) and yet I still haven't bitten yet, despite liking the singles a lot. I really SHOULD.

I keep seeing this going for ludicrously cheap in HMV (99p last time!) and yet I still haven't bitten yet, despite liking the singles a lot. I really SHOULD.

You very much should. I own the first three albums (the first a charity shop purchase for "You And I" alone) and the first is dross, the second and third have real high points but mostly filler and after that, I entirely went off him- indeed, actively hated his voice and him. This was an entire revelation- it's start to finish fantastic and yes, as LADY BEV says, it's "beautiful". Lyrically, it's gorgeous...

I'm surprised you haven't! Its so evocative for me, it reminds me of dark, frosty nights, driving my way to my BSL classes, wistfully mourning about my 'silent valentine' and then SCREAMING along the empty roads from my friend's house at 2am to the 'disco' of 'I Just Want A Lover'. It was VERY tastefully done. :disco:

I do like an awful lot of Will Young tracks individually. But I can't help but find his albums on the whole TERMINALLY DREARY.

I do like an awful lot of Will Young tracks individually. But I can't help but find his albums on the whole TERMINALLY DREARY.

Do you know this then or just in general? As I agree entirely with that opinion for his work up until this album...

To be honest I don't know if I ever listened to this album. I liked 'Jealousy' a lot (although not to the extent some do), but wasn't bothered by any of the other singles. I've got three of his albums (the first, second and fourth, I believe), and never listen to them.

To be honest I don't know if I ever listened to this album. I liked 'Jealousy' a lot (although not to the extent some do), but wasn't bothered by any of the other singles. I've got three of his albums (the first, second and fourth, I believe), and never listen to them.

Bung it on Spotify when you're feeling a bit MELANCHOLY next. It really hits the SPOT...

An easy 10 for me.

I'm fond of a Spotify playlist comprising the Echos tracks and the Greatest Hits.

Only £3.90 on Amazon. Yes please :disco:

While I'm here, what is it with iTunes not bothering to include remixes of certain things? I'm specifically thinking of that fabulous Alias mix of 'Jealousy'. It's not like it can be OUT OF STOCK :grr:

Well fuck you, I'll download it illegally

Just listened to this again...so good. The new album is such a disappointment

I quite liked the lead single from the most recent album. But that track he performed on Strictly last night was dull.

I think this thread was created in my AWOL era, and it's time for a bump with his new album coming.

I LOVE this album and it has held up so well IMO.

11 Jealousy - what a GLORIOUS song.
08 Come On
07 Lie Next To Me
10 I Just Want A Lover
10 Runaway
10 Outsider
08 Silent Valentine
10 Losing Myself
07 Personal Thunder
09 Hearts On Fire
08 Happy Now
08 Good Things
09 Safe From Harm

It was definitely inspired by this as well, which remains to this day my FAVOURITE Will Young song ever (and one of my favourite GA songs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom