AS4 E10: the finale (or something like that)

Ok, but we missed a bullet with Eureka turning down as5 appaerently

LAAAAAAAME.

A double win just dilutes the pool of winners.

Although for the first time I was 100% on Monet's side. I've really come to appreciate her. She's a star.

Trinity didn't deserve it.

Despite it all, CANCEL. THIS. SEASON. Literally in ONE episode the whole season slipped right into a PIT OF SHIT.

Ok, but we missed a bullet with Eureka turning down as5 appaerently
That has been cast already? :zombie:

I thought they were casting 12 now. And with the time RuPaul is going to have to spend in the UK, I was hoping for some respite.

I wonder WHY Eureka would turn it down? I mean I know she's done two in a row AND the Christmas thing, but she doesn't seem the sort to worry about over exposure.

Monet as a winner of this season, of anything, is beyond a joke. What did she even DO? Apart from admittedly win that lip sync. She's likeable enough but I don't feel she earned a damn dime. This is worse than Trixie. I can't believe that's even possible.

I didn't see it coming from any angle, until I watched the episode and it felt sign posted early on. Ru seemed to fawn over Monet a lot more than the rest - it actually felt to me like she was looking at Monique almost with contempt (and to a lesser extent with the others - although I'm possibly making this up) in comparison to Monet who she clearly loved.

It's all a nonsense anyway. Hopefully this means a long break and if it returns, removing power from the queens which has caused a lot of this in the first place.

I only liked Monet in her bits to camera. Out of drag. In it, other than the Pound The Alarm lipsync THAT WASN'T EVEN IN THIS SEASON, I don't think she has excelled at anything. And been pretty rotten more than once.

That has been cast already? :zombie:

I thought they were casting 12 now. And with the time RuPaul is going to have to spend in the UK, I was hoping for some respite.

I wonder WHY Eureka would turn it down? I mean I know she's done two in a row AND the Christmas thing, but she doesn't seem the sort to worry about over exposure.

Very likely the problematic race stuff that surfaced since s10

The race thing is interesting - joint winners definitely seems weird, it's not like where you have two amazing lip syncs in the middle of a season where joint winners are deserved - but it's not like this show has been nothing but white winners either. Just because Allstars has been 100% white (in just 3 seasons so not THAT many) is that really enough to make them react and create a false result? I'm not sure I buy it and as has been said, Monique or Naomi would be better choices anyway. But I think it was clear Ru ranked them well below Monet tonight which is fucking stupid.

The producers obviously intended JASMINE MASTERS to win but she fucked it up!

Jasmine in the final 2 would have made me smile from ear to ear and feel eternally happy. It's a shame she was dreadful but it still might have been better than this :D (obviously Manila is the real winner etc)

Over the whole season I'd literally rank them:

1. Monique
2. Naomi
3. Monet
4. Trinity

Before the finale, I'd have placed Trinity above Monet, but Monet slayed the challenge, had a stunning runway for like the first time ever and totally won the lipsync so if they were judging on the basis of that episode alone, then Monet did deserve to winb.

But as overall winners, Monet and Trinity both feel like they were nowhere near good enough.

Naomi and Monique were the top 2 for me in the challenge.

Monet as always serving up her usual boring stuff and Trinity was just dreadful.

But the real winner was Trixie on the guitar. My eyes were drawn to her the whole time.

The NERVE of Monet to do a rehash of one of her WORST EVER looks, a red bin bag with a blonde pussycat wig!

Then that jump split again!

And a wig reveal of an ALMOST IDENTICAL BUT SLIGHTLY WORSE blonde pussycat wig! :D

The spirit of Cuntina really permeated that Lip Stink to end all Lip Stinks :D

Reactions: dUb
I thought Monique slayed the dance number and I found Monet very clunky in it - her rehearsal looked better. Trinity looked terrified during it. Naomi was fine. But Monique seemed like the only natural to me.

I also thought the final lipsync was totally underwhelming.

But... that was the joke!

That was the joke?.... okay

giphy.gif

Reactions: SDF
Obviously Monet had no idea she'd be top two when she chose it, but I did enjoy that her wig (both of it!) looked a lot like the wig Peppermint revealed when she beat Trinity in s9. Also the fact she chose a pussycat wig for her final time on stage, judges be damned :disco:

Does anyone remember that rumour that Ru lost his shit at everyone in this series? I wonder if that happened and if so when

I love Monet and am THRILLED she's a winner. The wig reveal was fun. Ru always favours the funny queens.

However the two way win... Obviously a huge cop out. Trinity should have won alone. I have no doubt that the whole white only AS winners had something to do with it.

I mean, the double win is one thing, but that editing was fucking terrible!!

and the reactions were so weird, probably because they had been done 3 times, and this seemed the least likely one to happen?

I mean, the double win is one thing, but that editing was fucking terrible!!

and the reactions were so weird, probably because they had been done 3 times, and this seemed the least likely one to happen?

I think they only filmed the two winning separately, hence the strange editing (Ru off-screen for the entire announcement, no shot of the girls together after being crowned, the disconnected acceptance speeches in which neither of them mentioned the double win),

And a wig reveal of an ALMOST IDENTICAL BUT SLIGHTLY WORSE blonde pussycat wig! :D

You got that that was intentional right? In that it was like a fake reveal, like the fakeout splits that is her trademark too. I thought it was funny and cute and really helped her in the lip sync personally.

Well of course it was intentional, it’s a reveal! It just wasn’t that good. The jumpsplit fakeout was 10x better!

Naomi winning AS4 would have been at least been some sort of gag in that the 'villain' would have won would've kept people talking. Should have been a Naomi vs Monique final. The latter slayed the performance.

And on this note, may I add that Visage's critiques are getting increasingly out of sync with what the fanbase wants. In fact I am over her. OFFI-CIA-LLY.

I don’t understand why they thought that slowing down the song would be good. But then again, I think we’ve established that the producers are not very bright.

So who do we think will be cast in All stars 5? :basil:

Neil Kinnock
Judith Kilshaw
Keely Hawes
Queen Victoria
Ronald McDonald
Steve Wright
DJ Sammy
Aled Jones
Margaret Atwood
David Mitchell

I think AS4 has proved we can wait a few years for AS5.

So, that was underwhelming and pointless and rubbish and BAH.

But anyone saying Monet didn’t deserve being there is an idiot. She excelled in a number of challenges for starters.

Oh and of COURSE the wig was a joke. And a brilliant one at that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom