Billie Ray Martin sync listen + lucious BRM chat!

I have a feeling it’ll be Electribal Memories (based on nothing but a gut feeling)

Have you heard the German version of ‘I don’t believe’ @lvtz ?
I’ve always thought that it was at least 1 song short .. hopefully there is a track or two in the vault

Deadline or Electrical Memories? Can we have both? .. and please can we have SEARCHING (Don't believe a word) and that first Mix of Fools Rush In before it became a Motown pastiche? I LOVED that first Version and have never heard it again once Audiogalaxy had gone
Fools rush in demo

• Love
Reactions: LTZ
She’s confirmed the reissue will be the E101 debut album.
Any news of Bonustracks ? there’s a live clip of when they opened for Dépêche Mode and she sounds incredible, it would be great to have some live bonus tracks

She’s confirmed the reissue will be the E101 debut album.

At least we have her 4 new albums still definitely coming.

"Quick update guys, I can't afford the drummer and he won't accept any of my exclusive Band Camp merch that I had no clue I even still had despite the boxes everywhere, so I've found an amazing spoon player on Prostituierte Platz where I totally grew up by the way - he'll be back getting my Starbucks any second now".

Any news of Bonustracks ? there’s a live clip of when they opened for Dépêche Mode and she sounds incredible, it would be great to have some live bonus tracks

This is all she said.

I wanted to wish everyone a beautiful end to this turbulent year and Merry Christmas.

For me it's been an interesting ride that brought many blessings. Some ups and downs too.
Recording with Dave, Earl and Dan from Tindersticks in Prague was one of those blessings, and the results still surpass anything i could have envisioned prior to going into the studio.

Also singing some songs that i didn't know how to approach, and then my voice naturally making them my own, sometimes with a tear in my eye in the vocal room, is a memory I treasure. More of this to come i hope.

Recording a string orchestra brought goosebumps. I have not quite finished with the orchestral recordings but ... most bits are done.

Just a little vibe from those days:
https://youtube.com/shorts/qXgl69x1-8Y?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/akOrjKNtWM0?feature=share

Of course everything is taking 'too long' in my view but there are a few bits and pieces to do, some vocals to record, and then 3 albums to mix. I hope to release the first album of the three towards the end of the coming year.

There were a bunch of other recording sessions this year which were all thrilling to me. I feel honoured to work with an array of great musicians. The universe brought me pianist Kristina Barta too so many of my travels take me to Prague to work with her. I fell in love with Prague and would love to spend more time there in the coming year.

There is also some good news for Electribe 101 fans, as we are in the planning stages of finally re-releasing the first album, de-luxe and with all the trimmings. Plans are to start the release in November 23.

I guess what remains now is to wish you all the very best. I'll be working until all the way up to Christmas so i'm rather happy.
Merry Christmas.

New music still coming at the end of the year. She also has a song being released by the late Mary Wilson, though seems a bit confused with Mari Wilson:

As much as s I’m grateful for anything she releases I still don’t understand why she wants to release 3 albums instead of just one ? Who releases 3 albums ? I’d be very happy with just a follow up to Deadline, which is the last piece of work of hers I REALLY LOVED from beginning to end.

Reactions: Zu
I know I could check but what was the last new solo thing she actually released? It seems like DECADES AGO!

Of course the release of the three albums will be dependent on her not pissing everyone off and her infamous insistence on always having to be right so we could be waiting YEARS

In other news, I presume BRM has seen this and other topics dedicated to her, here on the Moop.

But she hasn't gone crazy and demanded we're shut down has she? No because she's VV talented and we love her very much, despite her moods and absence.

• Care
Reactions: LTZ
Someone fly out to France and spray paint CLIT outside her Air B&B. The lady seems to have done it again. And lord knows she'll know it! :disco:

any details ?
Nope. Just this so far…..

IMG_2717.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom