Björk - Fossora

This album

200w.gif

I like how she delivers four hundred eggs with the energy of five gold rings.

The album release seemed to kill this thread
HARD TO IMAGINE WHY. When does it not when it comes to HER!

Am having a listen now and my review is as follows:

CONTENT EXACTLY AS EXPECTED :)

By the way I’ve never had an issue with the rolling of Rs. I quite like that. It’s the unnatural splitting and spacing out of syllables within individual words which drives me up the wall

I must say I’m a bit cheesed off she didn’t finish her podcast series with this album.

The series made me appreciate things more (except maybe Biophilia). I need her to make it make sense

The way conversation about this album just DIED once it was released :D
The internet at large were projecting their MUSHROOM FUELLED FOREST RAVE fantasies onto this project, and it didn't quite tick that very particular box did it?

I do actually think it's a very good album, but I never really get the urge to listen to it. It doesn't help that two of the best tracks (Atopos and Fossora) are quite BOOMBASTIC and HEADACHE INDUCING which doesn't exactly translate into an easy album to just POP ON whilst at work or whatever. I'm sure the eventual live show will be LIVE CHANGING however.

The bjorksvaultofdankmemes Instagram account though - great memes, beautiful memes.

I am currently listening to it while I study - and it’s helped me a lot, I want to finish as soon as possible so my efficiency is through the ROOF!

Not really feeling it, despite enjoying similarly batshit natural world Utopia. Parts of it make me think about 90s Artpop educational programmes on channel 4 for kids who are off sick

Also kind of annoyed she did a discography podcast series right up to the release of this, and then didn’t give it an episode, or even a mention, or even a Mailchimp sponsor feature

Well, as with Midnights I have to call time on this one. It just didn't do much for me at all, I just kept three
Mycelia - fungal nonsense but 90s throwback educational TV artpop
Ancestress - I actually understand what the hell this was about (tbc), a bit annoying melodically until the 4-minute mark (! :gross: !)
Her Mother's House - Giving me Enya vs Selmasongs and it's quite lovely

But mostly incomprehensible racket the likes of which I haven't seen since Biophilia

Can't she do a disco album next time or something?

Knowing our BJO and One Little In....dependent, I'm assuming those ornaments will be about £250 a pop :sour: :disco:

I haven't listened yet but OMG screaming and so on:

(And yes it's a remix of OVULE :disco:)

Well I love it:

I'd love her to explore these sorts of sounds on a future project :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom